WHere should I start?

99FLHRCI

I got rid of my car toys and have got into guns lately. I had my Dad around to teach me all about cars and then I dove into books and then went to school. I am still learning but I am trying to start that process with a new topic. I know where the bullets go, I know basic safety and I know the difference between a magazine and a clip. However, that is about the extent of my knowledge. I recently bought a Taurus Judge. Also have a Mossberg 500 and my dad's 10/22. I want to do things to the guns but I have no idea where to start or where to learn. Can someone point me in the direction of some good websites and/or books?

before you start modding things it might be beneficial to learn how to strip & detail them and familiarize yourself with the mechanics of each. Reckless modification on firearms is an invitation for disaster.

To the internetz!

Sksboards.com has a good crowd for all firearms if your looking for a forum. Has a strong following and a lot of great/helpful guys. Reminds me of here minus the kitchen.

But yeah for any disassembly/reassembly even some/most mods youtube is hard to beat.

CR's Gun Crew section isn't a bad place to start either. A lot of us have plenty of experience, from shooting to gunsmithing, with a wide range of weapons.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I joined TaurusArmed.net for the Judge and will probably join the Rimfire site for the 10/22. I am mainly hoping to make the Mossberg and Ruger more Tactical and the Judge I would just like to look into what the different springs they sell would do. The Judge is my CCW and I would just like it as smooth, comfortable and reliable as possible.