OMG State farm is BS!!!

Tomcat0403

I went and got a quote from them...228 a month! With near minimum limits! I saw all of the recommendations from you all and thought i would give it a try. Progressive is giving me about half that a month and now with nationwide i am paying 155 a month. Jesus Christ! ....ok pissed off time over

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and got a quote from them...228 a month! With near minimum limits! I saw all of the recommendations from you all and thought i would give it a try. Progressive is giving me about half that a month and now with nationwide i am paying 155 a month. Jesus Christ! ....ok pissed off time over

Wow. Your record must be terrible.

I pay 400 per year for my r1

I pay 260 per year for my r6

Full coverage.

I stopped in at state farm 2 weeks ago.

we are talking getting full coverage w/health insurance.

I was under 25 and the only vehicle i was insuring was my r6.....$200 a month.

If i was also insuring a car, my rate would have been $100 a month, if i was over 25 my rate would have been way less.

I'm sticking with progressive @ $100 a month for full coverage and $25k of health insurance.

I got a quote from Progressive, full coverage on a 2002 CBR 600 F4i for about $500 a year. That is with a multi bike discount though. Progressive is good. You should check them out. If you are under 25, insurance is going to be higher on everything. I am an old fogie...almost 28 geeze

I had progressive with my 04 600rr and they were ok, but insurance was high till 25. It was acceptable after that. I then went to get a quote at state farm and it was higher coverages with $1k less a year, but you need an auto policy to keep it down. Most of the time they make you get another policy to even get the bike. Theres been several threads about insurance on here, but I believe most of them got deleted with the server crash.

I got a quote from Progressive, full coverage on a 2002 CBR 600 F4i for about $500 a year. That is with a multi bike discount though. Progressive is good. You should check them out. If you are under 25, insurance is going to be higher on everything. I am an old fogie...almost 28 geeze

Is 28 old now? I may as well arrange for the convalescent care already. =/

I had already told everyone in one of the other threads to beware of this. State Farm completely re-vamped their motorcycle policy rating structure to be more in line with the other insurance providers. Everyone needs to be ready for higher rates with them even if you already have a policy...

I had already told everyone in one of the other threads to beware of this. State Farm completely re-vamped their motorcycle policy rating structure to be more in line with the other insurance providers. Everyone needs to be ready for higher rates with them even if you already have a policy...

I remember you saying that...I'll try and give Emily a call, I already have nationwide but maybe she can pull a few strings for me.

I'm state farm and nobody is vamping anything here in Kettering. :D

Still $30/month with $100 deductible. :woo: zx-14 too.

Trust me.. Its nationwide.. I spoke with the underwriters... When does your policy renew because thats when it takes effect.

Trust me.. Its nationwide.. I spoke with the underwriters... When does your policy renew because thats when it takes effect.

We'll see. After getting my r6 insured, I'm hopeful that I wont be affected. My r6 rate is right on par with my current r1 rate.

Maybe your rate went up because of your claim and state farm is now on par with other companies AFTER a claim has been made?

THAT....I don't know. I normally get it withdrawn from my account and fuggedabout it. ;)

Maaaaaaan, I hope your wrong....I hope your wrong. :(

Wow, that surprises me about State Farm for some of you guys. I pay about $70 per month for an 04 Ranger 4x4 and my 02 Shadow Spirit, full coverage on both.

My record is 100% clean and I'm 31. That may make a difference.

I'm guessing you have tickets or accidents, I know State Farm is not very lenient with them. My wife had two very minor accidents and a speeding ticket, and her rate skyrocketed. State Farm was still cheaper than any other provider though, and she checked every one we could think of.