OMG State farm is BS!!!

Tomcat0403

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me.. Its nationwide.. I spoke with the underwriters... When does your policy renew because thats when it takes effect.

Mine just renewed 4 days ago, and I don't think it went up at all.

Just over 220 / year - 01 748 - full coverage.

We have allstate,

Homeowner's $630/6 months

Auto $840/6 months, five vehicles, 2 with full coverage

Motorcycle $430/year, 4 motorcycles, 2 with full coverage

We're in our 30's, no traffic violations, multi-policy discounts

I have trouble believing this.

For the first year during my "novice" endorsement at the age of 27, my yearly full coverage on the cbr was around $600 without any traffic violations.

After that first year it went down to $300....

Then we got married, got older, bought a house....

look at your motorcycles also compared to the newer sportbikes..its based on value and cc's- :beathorse:

yep sportbike/cruiser, new/old, cc's are rated differently

the breakdown on our policy is roughly

03 cbr600rr $95 (full)

06 royalstar 1300 $127 (full)

06 vstar 1100 $58 (full)

97 sportster883(?) $38 (liability)

then some $115 of additional coverage

this seems to turn into a dick measuring contest with us sharing how much we pay for what. tee-hee-hee (no...i ain't gots no dick...attached to me...)

....then the youngin' had to go and make some of us feel even older.

my family and I have been with our state farm agent since we moved to the states, and they have always been competitive (I've gotten quotes from various companies on a couple different occasions).

but as far as bikes go, the aprilia is just under 300/year for full coverage and the 600rr is about 250-275/year. I have my house, my car, and the 2 bikes insured with them. i snuck my girlfriend in there too, but they promised she wouldn't break for at least another 2 years.

I love my State Farm Agent. By bike cost 11/month. My monthly bill is 140/month covering 3 cages, 2 with full coverage, and renters insurance.

Of course that mulitline discount is great. Been with State Farm since I started driving though.

Never had any problems with State Farm.

you might need to try different agents. I had the same thing happen to me. I couldn't understand why everyone was telling me how cheap they are. After the third agent I talked to. I got a rate of 300 a year full coverage. It went even cheaper after I pulled my car and other vehicles over.

Has anyone ever tried Rider Insurance? I saw it advertised on the news today.. Their site looks kinda cheap but with what they quoted me I could drop liability at Geico and get full coverage with them for same price plus free roadside.. www.ridewithrider.com I've been searching for some reviews online but haven't found any yet.

progressive gave me the absolute lowest price around with $95 a year liability.

if you have health insurance already you can drop that from your bike insurance and save a lot of money.

and deal directly with the insurance company. agents get a cut of your policy premium. you may be paying more for the agent than the insurance.

Edited by serpentracer

Are you sure that was a monthly quote or for a whole year? I did the same thing at first when I got my 600RR, but then realized it was $234 for the entire year. That's with full coverage and a $500 deductible (think I'm going to lower it now that I think about it) Progressive quoted me at $1500... :eek:

That's with a perfect driving record and I was only 24 at the time.

Edited by BonkerS

progressive gave me the absolute lowest price around with $95 a year liability.

if you have health insurance already you can drop that from your bike insurance and save a lot of money.

and deal directly with the insurance company. agents get a cut of your policy premium. you may be paying more for the agent than the insurance.

Holy crap. I never thought of that. So, it is like you are paying for two health insurance policies. Screw that!! +1

Are you sure that was a monthly quote or for a whole year? I did the same thing at first when I got my 600RR, but then realized it was $234 for the entire year. Progressive quoted me at $1500... :eek:

Proly for the whole year, especially if it is only liability cause I am only paying $285 a year full coverage with Progressive now. If you are under 25, it makes a HUGE difference.

Are you sure that was a monthly quote or for a whole year? I did the same thing at first when I got my 600RR, but then realized it was $234 for the entire year. That's with full coverage and a $500 deductible (think I'm going to lower it now that I think about it) Progressive quoted me at $1500... :eek:

not a quote, it's what I've been paying for a few years. it started out @ $110.

3418177275_31dd009a9b.jpg