wtb: ls1 camaro injectors and coils.

Mattsv8

Hey guys my camaro is showing a missfire on cyl 6 I replaced the plugs and wires but its still arround. Its intermitten me and steve drove it all was fine then 10 min later it won't run and hates life. I need a stock coil and injector to test and see what it it is. If u have these lying arround I need them

I do have a set of both I could loan/ sell but try checking the EGR valve. When its running like poo tap on the valve mildly and see if it clears up. Also, check the EGR tubes. If they are leaking some they cause similar problems.

Okay not trying to shit in your for sale thread but instead of spending money on atleast the coils why not first migrate that coil to another cylinder and see if the problems moves to corresponding cylinder and if not your coil is now proven to be good and then do the same for the injectors if the first test doesnt solve your problem. That way if you have to buy shit actually its for a good reason. I would have put this in the tech but it was a while since the last post.

Went and got a new coil if this fails id like to try a inj. It shows num 6. Its intermitin but once it starts to act up it stays turn it off and let it cool and it starts and idles smooth then it starts again. Inj feels normal when its missing

I've scene a couple lt1s act similiar when the fuel pump was almost dead. I know you have a code for a mis on cyl 6 but i would still tape a fuel pressure guage to the windshield to make sure all is in spec when its missing. I've never really seen an injector work sometimes and sometimes not but im sure its possible.

Fuel pressure is 55psi pre start and 60 when running also same when misfire wich is why I'm rulling out inj I can feel it fire when its missing and the unburnt fuel is popping in the exhaust.

Okay not trying to shit in your for sale thread but instead of spending money on atleast the coils why not first migrate that coil to another cylinder and see if the problems moves to corresponding cylinder and if not your coil is now proven to be good and then do the same for the injectors if the first test doesnt solve your problem. That way if you have to buy shit actually its for a good reason. I would have put this in the tech but it was a while since the last post.

This is what I was going to suggest. Swap the #1 and #6 coil/injector and see if the problem moves.

I could b wrong but I don't think 01 and 02 has a egr system

they don't

No problem I always appreciate help. Wires and plugs are brand new 0 miles I tried them first

i'd still swap around plugs and wires too. I went through 2 sets on my wife's old trans am before I found a bad wire causing a misfire. then I found a bad plug after changing them out too.

Already bought the coil if it don't fix it ill have spare. If not I'm gona run a compression test I doubt it but may b bent pushrod. Don't seem like it thoug cause it runs fine cold then breaks up

Drove it all over today with new coil worked great . Went to sleep got up for work drove to gas station about 2miles great went inside came out and started it back up missfire cyl 6. So looks like the inj is going bad. When it misfires if I give it a lil more throttle it clears up and check engine light goes out. Then it does it again a little later. I'm gona send injector for a rebuild but I need another stocker to test and make shure that's the issue . Code is missfire cyl 6. Not multiple cyl miss

Drove it all over today with new coil worked great . Went to sleep got up for work drove to gas station about 2miles great went inside came out and started it back up missfire cyl 6. So looks like the inj is going bad. When it misfires if I give it a lil more throttle it clears up and check engine light goes out. Then it does it again a little later. I'm gona send injector for a rebuild but I need another stocker to test and make shure that's the issue . Code is missfire cyl 6. Not multiple cyl miss

Swap injectors with another cyl and see if it follows.

Id rather replace it and only pull the rail once. Its the only thing left on that cyl that could cause a intermitin problem if it was always id look to a pushrod or internal engine valvespring issue

Keep in mind that not all LS1 injectors are the same flow rating, they are in fact different from different years. I don't recall now what years were what but don't just get any old LS1 injector and throw it on there.

I'm gona buy a new injector. I don't have a shitton of freetime to piss away on this car. So taking the rail off multiple times don't work for me.

That said where is the best place to order a stock injector?

• 2 weeks later...