My dilemma about current car( opinion needed)

kyc12340

Here is my dilemma...

I know I've been going through cars a lot lately.. but

Here is it again,.

I have been diagnosed with minor spinal disc few years ago, and bent knees(hurts when I try to keep the legs straight, my legs just don't get straight) from few accidents (free style skiing, boating,downhill ATVing, and car)

been getting treatment time to time at my father's hospital in Korea whenever I visit him.

Lately it hurts again, and sometimes I wish I would be driving a comfortable auto car(I know...) . Not that my vette is uncomfortable or anything, I'm just saying there are more comfy cars out there.

What should I do.... ?? only reason I got the 335i before c6 was because of same problem, but sports car itch got me to get a C6.

Any recommendation on what I should do or recommended cars?

I definately want a year round car that is sporty yet comfortable.

It doesn't have to be very fast, manual is okay as long as it doesn't have super stiff clutch, 2dr, 4dr, I like European(german,brit.)/higher end Jap.

I am leaving the country in 2years to serve a mendatory military in Korea so take that into consideration.

And how much do you think my car is worth? I def don't wanna spend a lot more than what my car is worth.

2007 C6 corvette base, black 28xxx miles, no accident, z06 rep wheels, corsa catback, K&N pro intake own it outright

I don't know what my car is worth this season

I know Kbb is just a referance, but at 29000miles

Private

Great: 33580

Very good: 32880

good:32080

fair: 29580

Trade-in

Excellent: 31100

very good: 30600

good: 29700

fair: 27100

I would consider trade-in for quicker deal.

Any recommendation?

P.S: On a side note: My ex-gf from NYC just freaking showed up in Cbus in a Lambo Reventon and looking for a house in UA... She is a doctor and I didn;t know she was that rich..She had a bimmer and a vette at that time.... Fuck yea she told me I could take the car out.

Wheres the Wiggs !

Edited by kyc12340

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A gto or g8 would provide you with more room and comfort. Even if you get an auto all you need is a nice torque converter and you'll be faster than a comparable manual.

I would prefer European/ Higher end Jap. !! G8s are nice, GTO I drove one before I bought a c6. GTO has too couch like seat for me. I'm not a big guy.

Even a trailblazer ss because if you spent the difference you would make you would have one fast ass suv.

Again, I'm a small guy and feels weird driving a suv.

All my family back in Korea are big fan of SUVs . My family loves brit SUVs,

Both my mom/ dad has ragerover sports, and discovery 4, CRV,

Only sedan we own is S500 which never comes out because they don't like sedan.

Although I've owned a Cayenne S before and loved it.

P.S: On a side note: My ex-gf from NYC just freaking showed up in Cbus in a Lambo Reventon and looking for a house in UA... She is a doctor and I didn;t know she was that rich..She had a bimmer and a vette at that time.... Fuck yea she told me I could take the car out.

Wheres the Wiggs !

bmw m3/m5 mb e55 audi s4/rs4 G8 srt8 challanger

Newer Ms are expensive... M5 I don't think it's in my price range arent they?

E55, I would def get another E55 if theres any good condition ones.

Jones would say no to B7 S4s, B8 S4s are expensive.

Cts-v

hmm price of 2nd gens are still sky high though..

Lexus IS350? Classy with a set of dish wheels and tint, sporty feel, AWD if you want.

Does auto/manual matter?

It doesn't matter, Auto/manual . I have few friends that always let me have their manual cars for few days.. so If I get a need for manaul I can drive their car. + I'm looking forward to my ex's Reventon..

I thought only 250 came with AWD?

Newer Ms are expensive... M5 I don't think it's in my price range arent they?

E55, I would def get another E55 if theres any good condition ones.

Jones would say no to B7 S4s, B8 S4s are expensive.

hmm price of 2nd gens are still sky high though..

There's an E55 for sale in polaris area. Silver, $25k and still under warranty.

First, you should get serious about treatment for your knees. :) The guy who did my ACL did an excellent job and also does whole knee replacements. Not saying that's what you need as I have no idea of your condition, but I'm just saying he does everything with knees. My dad needs a knee replacement due to having 0 meniscus left in 1 knee at this point and I'm suggesting him to my ortho. I'm also seeing an excellent PT that deals a lot with knees, ACL's, etc, and sports injuries. Again, he does everything but is very good in this area. In case you are interested in any referrals.

Looking new or used or both depending on the car?

How about a few year old Acura RL, or even the TL? I generally like smaller cars more too, the RL, I think, is smaller than the TL, or at least it definitely feels and drives smaller than the TL. Note: Edmunds says the are about the same size (09 versus 09), but like I said, driving them the RL feels smaller IMHO.

I don't know much about Jag's offerings, but anything there interesting? Again, I don't know anything about them, but for the price an 08 S-Type R looks interesting on the British front. http://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/s-type/2008/?sub=r

Just throwing out a few more ideas that haven't been stated yet.

Wheres the Wiggs !

Dibs on your ex-gf!

There's an E55 for sale in polaris area. Silver, $25k and still under warranty.

Link?

First, you should get serious about treatment for your knees. :)

Looking new or used or both depending on the car?

How about a few year old Acura RL, or even the TL? I generally like smaller cars more too, the RL, I think, is smaller than the TL, or at least it definitely feels and drives smaller than the TL. Note: Edmunds says the are about the same size (09 versus 09), but like I said, driving them the RL feels smaller IMHO.

I don't know much about Jag's offerings, but anything there interesting? Again, I don't know anything about them, but for the price an 08 S-Type R looks interesting on the British front. http://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/s-type/2008/?sub=r

Just throwing out a few more ideas that haven't been stated yet.

Thanks for your opinion, Never looked into Acuras, how are their performance?

and New/or used it depends.

As fas as Jag, I was thinking XF, but they are still pricey.

S-type R looks interesting though

Didn't you dump the E55 for fuel consumption driving back and forth to school?

Perhaps only the 250 comes AWD? Idk, I think the 250 is a dog, 350 would be much better. I enjoyed driving the 250 from a sports standpoint, but disliked the total lack of power. I would assume the 350 has the 2GR-FE Toyota 3.5L. I suppose I could look lol.

IS-F or GS-350 Fsport gets my vote.

I like IS-f, Aren't they still in 40k range though?

Like I said, I want to stay close to what my car is worth..

Dibs on your ex-gf!

haha screen shot and sending to your fiance rightnow

Shes a good friend now, but still she txts me random shit.