Just upgraded my PC to water and "Tuned" her

thorne

My stock heatsink took a shit on me last week and I decided it was time to check out closed loop water systems. I never overclocked my i7 before, But after seeing my temps drop by over 20c. I decided to "TUNE" Her.:gabe:

http://www.40roll.com/lol/mypcinside.jpg

I modified my H60 to have a second fan on pull mode.

Stock Intel cooler

Speed: 3.2ghz

CPUmark: 6300

Idle temps: 60-65c

Loaded temps: 75-85c

H60 CL Water with twin fan

Speed: 4ghz

Cpumark: 8500

Idle temps 40-45c

Loaded temps 65-70c

:fuckyeah:

So if your considering going water MC has the antec kit on sale this week for 49$. grab a extra 120mm 4.99 and your set.

PC Specs

PS: Kingwin 1050watt

CPU: i7-960 3.2ghz @ 4.0ghz

MEM: 12gb DDR3 1333 triple channel

MB: EVGA X58 SLI

VideoCard: 2x 6970 Saphire OC editions

Optical: Blueray Burner

OS Drive: Kingston SSD Now 128gb

Game Drive: Hitachi 2tb 64mb cache 7200rpm

Monitors: Double Sight 307 2560x1600 / Samsung 24inch 1920x1080p LED / AOC 21inch LCD

Keyboard: K90 Gaming KB

Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder Gaming Mouse With Rat MAt

Speakers: Logitech THX 2.1

I've heard of doing this before, but what happens if it springs a leak? Is the computer ruined then?

Depends.

I've soaked parts before using distilled and had no issues, but had a few drops spill out and ruined parts before. If you are careful and do it right, the risk of leaks is really minimal.

Fake water is fake water. Build a real loop :p

+1, Nice starter unit and if it floats your boat that's great!:thumbup:

I run a conservative 4.0 ghz(don't really need any more for my usage) with my video cards included in the loop, and I saw 32c degrees peak during my 4.6 ghz stable burn test. Costs more though.

Fake water is fake water. Build a real loop :p

I just saw you have a 960, stop being a puss and crank it up. 4Ghz is child's play.

I can't get it stable, I can boot in into windows and run passmark @ 4.3ghz but prime95 blue screens and says something about not receiving a interrupt from second cpu. I can't seem to find any big overclocks on the 960.

As for it being a beginner, It is a entry level setup but it also was cheap and easy to use. I didn't wanna deal with all the things involved with a bigger setup. including a larger case. This fits in my mid tower.

+1, Nice starter unit and if it floats your boat that's great!:thumbup:

I run a conservative 4.0 ghz(don't really need any more for my usage) with my video cards included in the loop, and I saw 32c degrees peak during my 4.6 ghz stable burn test. Costs more though.

What cpu? and god damn a real loop gets some insanely low numbers.

What's a full setup cost? I got my h60 on trade for a 500gb WD Black.

I can't get it stable, I can boot in into windows and run passmark @ 4.3ghz but prime95 blue screens and says something about not receiving a interrupt from second cpu. I can't seem to find any big overclocks on the 960.

As for it being a beginner, It is a entry level setup but it also was cheap and easy to use. I didn't wanna deal with all the things involved with a bigger setup. including a larger case. This fits in my mid tower.

I had a H70 with a 920 at 4.3 forever, waiting for Gillbot to chime in

And FWIW I have a 930 right now that can bench at 4.7 :)

can you prime95?

It could be my memory i might take another round at trying to push it, I look for advice from the other PC tuners here.

I see people running my board on some insane overclocks. I'm going to see if I'm running the latest bios maybe it will help who knows.

My goal was 4.2ghz but its eluding me

What cpu? and god damn a real loop gets some insanely low numbers.

What's a full setup cost? I got my h60 on trade for a 500gb WD Black.

AMD 1090t hex core

Mine cost me around $650. I will confess that I did not shop around much and may have been able to get some better deals. Currently I am using a relatively powerful high volume pump and dual tri-fan radiators, some EK blocks and 1/2inch water line. What is surprising is the cost of the little fittings for connecting the hose.

I think the biggest key behind my system is that it circulates fast enough to not heat the water up much.

It amazes me and I am pretty sure I will never go back to air cooled. Right now my loop is at 27.2c (82 degrees f) and I just tabbed out of a game to post this and its 76 degrees in this room anyways. It will get down to 20c at idle and playing battlefield for hours I have seen it settle around 25-26c with adequate airflow around the room.

hit me up when you want to build a real loop

Danger den D5 vario

Danger den CPU block

Danger den dual bay reservoir

TFC triple pass 3x120 radiator

HeatKiller Extreme all Copper GPU block

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/Watercooling/DSC_0266.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/Watercooling/GPU/IMG_3020.jpg

to those worried about leaks its not really a big deal, most run distilled water for the better cooling but put extra additives into it. you can also buy coolant that is not conductive so even if it does leak you will be fine.

your next mod should be cable management

Sometimes less is more with voltage. You don't always need to get crazy.

Try 1.4v, loosen ram timings a little and go from there. Tweak voltages and settings in SMALL steps and keep track of what it does with those small steps. That will give you an idea of where you need to go. You'll see improvements in one direction and not the other.

http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-bloomfield-and-gulftown/

Sometimes less is more with voltage. You don't always need to get crazy.

Try 1.4v, loosen ram timings a little and go from there. Tweak voltages and settings in SMALL steps and keep track of what it does with those small steps. That will give you an idea of where you need to go. You'll see improvements in one direction and not the other.

http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-bloomfield-and-gulftown/

Just read this article. I'm going to try a few things with qpi and see if i can get her booted at a higher speed.

I also forgot about bus holes so i am going to see what i can do