Just upgraded my PC to water and "Tuned" her

thorne

how much would it cost me to go to a real loop Biggu?

Can i get there for 150$ ? I really want to cool my 6970s if you look its a tight fit.

Depends on the loop and how serious you want to be. PM me, I have the remains of my old loop so I might be able to work ya a steal... er, .... deal.

After a couple of tweaks I can actually launch prime95 at 4.2ghz. I dunno how stable it is it's running in the back ground. My cpu cores are @ 75c

not bad, but you can get better temps with a real loop and block. My old loop was laughed at by many people, but my temps on a 980x at 4.5GHz never topped 70C. I think I still may have a 1366 block or two laying around.

1.45v vcore. I think my NB is running to hot though it sits at 80c

Pull the NB sink, put quality paste on it and put a fan on there.

Pm sent ;) i need to find a fan solution for my nb next week. I'm back at 4.1 at 4.2 she force closed prime95 after 35-40 minutes. I'm trying to get a 7.9 cpu rating in windows

I don't mess with "fan solutions", zip and twistie ties and regular fans work just fine typically. ;-)

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2457/0000004.th.jpg

I just lay a 80mm fan or whatever can fit onto the NB sink.

hit me up when you want to build a real loop

Danger den D5 vario

Danger den CPU block

Danger den dual bay reservoir

TFC triple pass 3x120 radiator

HeatKiller Extreme all Copper GPU block

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/Watercooling/DSC_0266.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/Watercooling/GPU/IMG_3020.jpg

to those worried about leaks its not really a big deal, most run distilled water for the better cooling but put extra additives into it. you can also buy coolant that is not conductive so even if it does leak you will be fine.

your next mod should be cable management

Seeing this set up reminded me of the time I used to spend on this website:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42

There are a lot of cool projects out there for water cooling, cable management, case builds from scratch, etc. Takes a lot of digging around the site but you find some cool stuff there.

I don't mess with "fan solutions", zip and twistie ties and regular fans work just fine typically. ;-)

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2457/0000004.th.jpg

I just lay a 80mm fan or whatever can fit onto the NB sink.

LOL

I have the same thing going on, fan that lines up with the water cooling "pegs" and cools the NB nicely.

PS: Is that an open air case/testbed or something custom?

LOL

I have the same thing going on, fan that lines up with the water cooling "pegs" and cools the NB nicely.

PS: Is that an open air case/testbed or something custom?

HSPC Tech Station "Top Deck" model, I was swapping hardware so much that a case was pointless.

The best thing is was that I was told by 4 people from reputable PC sites, that it "just won't fit" LOL

Edit: Also populated all the DIMM slots as well 24gb of ram is badddddddd

Edited by Chadz89GTA
Ram

I can game @ 4.2 no problem but prime fucks up still. I'm going to see what happens after I cool the NB.

Question, What do you refer to when you say cpu temp.

My temps i was quoting where all core temps. My true idle cpu temp is 32 and loaded low 60s (using the LED on MOBO)

Whats the drives? You don't have a file server?

pc specs :)

I'm WAYYY behind the times.

I used to chase the curve but I don't play nearly as many games as I used to.

Core I7 920 (old stepping so stubborn O/C) @ 3.84

6GB @ 1522

Radeon 5870

OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 <--- Last upgrade I did that makes it feel much faster than it should. ;)

A handful of 640G 32mb black editions in a raid for reliable storage.

Old reliable PCP&C 750W.

Other then your video card I'm running the same class chip and mobo and my bench marks are on par with third gen i7s ;)

God i love Overclocking.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's slow, but I have yet to run anything that urged me to upgrade. When a drive in my boot array failed I wanted to go SSD, so I got the fastest ssd I could get my hands on (1.5g/s). It was a 200 shot of n20 to the system. Until I can't run a game at 1920x1080 I prob won't be in a hurry to upgrade anytime soon. :fa: