Considering a job change....

Putty

It all depends on where you want to be later in life? Personally, I would do it just for the exposure and the growth potential. You might be getting only a 5k a year raise and working your ass off. But in a few years down the road, you could be somewhere making a ton more money. If growth isn't that important to you, then stay. But because you had to aks CR's opinion, growth and the exposure is probably on your mind.. or else it would be a no brainer for you.

Stay happy. Even if you're making more money, life sucks if you're stressed out and don't have time to enjoy the more money.

I'm currently at a position that I enjoy and am very content at. I could make more money as a GM but I don't want the extra hours or stress.

The only exception here is future advancement. If turning down this job would make it difficult to get an even higher job that you DO want, then it's worth putting in the time. Just don't get locked into constantly trying to work your way up, or you'll never be in a position you like.

Work to Live, don't Live to Work.

Stay happy. Even if you're making more money, life sucks if you're stressed out and don't have time to enjoy the more money.

Work to Live, don't Live to Work.

Totally agreed with both points. I recently changed jobs because I had painted myself into a corner for money. Stress was affecting my health and personality. I was making considerably more money after a while but the money didn't "fix" anything or make me make me happy.

I make a lot less money at what I'm doing now, but I don't regret making the change. Definitely think about how this promotion could affect the other parts of your life.