New Mustang Guy

devous1

I'm looking to checkout the forums. I'm more into Mustangs/Fords, but have had a little of everything.

Current List of Rides

03 Mach1 Torch Red-This is my big gun, its currently at CRT being worked over were hoping for about 1k out of the motor.

03 Mach1 Azure Blue-Roller looking to get new paint and give to my daughter

90 Kenny Brown Super LX, hatchback

89 Mustang LX 521, notchback, this is my straight up race car. It was featured on Pinks season 5 episode 11. Runs high nines on motor, mid eights on the juice

01 Jeep TJ, my favorite ride, currently at Trails West getting some new tires and wheels.

06 Dodge 3500 Normally my tow vehicle.

I have pics of my rides on streetfire under the same user name

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Robert, that's an impressive stable of cars you've got. I think you'd be an asset to any racing forum.

Joining here is a bit different than other forums. We're a visual group, and a good intro thread has photos of your cars -- not directions to where the photos can be found, but photos in the thread. Here are directions on how to post photos: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743

As it says in the directions in the stickies, members have to "rep you in" and if people don't already know you, you need to make a case for joining. The hard work and money you've put into your cars is a big plus. What does Columbus Racing have that interests you? What skills/advice/support do you have to offer? A few words along those lines and some photos of your cars will get you onto the forums pronto.

I'm hoping you'll amend your intro and join. It's a great group. Lots of mustangs and even some members in the 7's and 8's. Good luck!

Anymore I really don't care what happens in here, bu really dude? Are you not able to read or understand something that has been posted? Did you not see ALLLLLL the other threads in here?

Maybe see this?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61288

or this?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743

OR THIS?

You need to make a good introduction to see CR.

Because some of you really suck ass at introductions and are only posting twice to see the rest of CR, this is for you.

The admins have enabled user reputations. People can rate each other by the quality of their posts, but only once.

So if newbs have a shitty thread introducing themselves, they'll never be allowed to see the rest of the forums. They need a minimum score of ten to be allowed to to continue. Admins rate at ten points per rating, whereas everyone else scores at one point per rating incrementally or decrimentally based on whether that user is approved or disapproved by the person rating them. Some rules do apply:

1) For every year on CR, 1000 posts, or 100 reputation points you have (or a combination thereof), you gain an addditional point of "power" for rating.

2) You must be a regular member (50 posts or more) to be able to rate others.

3) You can only rate five people total every 24 hours, and only another member once. When you rate them, you cannot rate them ever again.

Basically, if your "welcome to me" thread is shit, the members of CR can basically kick you from seeing anything else. Ever. If they like you, welcome aboard.

Want good rep? POST PICS!

Sure, you can show up on here and say hi, I have a car.

Good for you.

Honestly, the members of CR hold the ability to allow newbs to become a part of the community. The quickest way to earn the positive reputation needed to accomplish this?

Post pics of your vehicle(s). You can brag about how nice your Mustang is, or that you have a heavily modded import that runs 12s. Great! Being a group of automotive enthusiasts, we'd like to see your hard work and dedication, not just hear about it.

Also, don't be a douchebag.

FAQ: How to post pictures

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743

Noobs don't welcome noobs

You need to have at least 100 posts AND have been on here for at least three months before posting in anyone else's "welcome me" thread. Breaking this will get you an infraction.

Welcome posts aren't chat rooms

Don't go offtopic in someone's welcome thread - this isn't an AOL chatroom. Keep discussion on point and civil. Noobs that break this rule are likely to get negative rep, making it harder to get on the board. Regular members that break this will get infractions. Remember - enough infractions in a set time frame will auto ban you, so try not to be a repeat offender.

I know some are not e-superstars like the oven trolls we have but, how hard is it?

To this day I cannot wrap my mind around how people cannot get on this website. If somebody can follow these, not be a dick, I put them on the site.

Thats OK I've got a bad vibe already, the forum seems full of pricks

WOW, that was quick. Come to a new forum, don't read the rules about first time posts and then call everyone pricks because you're skin is thin. Forum title is The Oven for a reason you know. Stickies are there for a reason too.

Probably best you do leave I suppose. Too bad though, you have a good stable of rides. Just don't short cut the intro next time. Such a program to get in is here for a reason.