My New Turbo

Fubar231

Dude I saw this today coming back from Dayton on 70 around 1ish... I wanted to take a pic and post it but was headed east and the truck was going west. Thing was MASSIVE

Yeah it was so big lol. I saw it coming down 71s up in delaware at like 12:30 or so. Thing was massive. Wonder how much boost something like this would run to be efficient, how much power it would make, and why it has two outlets.

Yeah it was so big lol. I saw it coming down 71s up in delaware at like 12:30 or so. Thing was massive. Wonder how much boost something like this would run to be efficient, how much power it would make, and why it has two outlets.

It would probably take a train engine to spool it.

Thats a piece from Cameron Compression Systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_Systems

one of three organizational groups within Cameron International Corporation, is a provider of reciprocating and centrifugal compression equipment and aftermarket parts and services. Reciprocating compression equipment is used throughout the energy industry by gas transmission companies, compression leasing companies, oil and gas producers and independent power producers. Integrally geared centrifugal compressors are used by customers around the world in a variety of industries such as air separation, auto making, glass blowing, PET, petrochemical and chemical.

I used to work on these when I worked at Cooper Cameron in Mt Vernon (Rolls Royce now but Rolls doesn't do these) many moons ago. Yep they are HUGE! You should see the impellers!!