Cleveland Colts taking over (again) 10.0@141

coltboostin

On a 20 minute JP tune, baby cams and a stock intake. YEAH BUDDIE.

10.0@141

We still have a good 5-8psi left on the table, and some room in the tune-But I am not going to change it unit a different intake is on the car! Props to Matt Step and team West Side-Hooligan

And due to a junk trans, she did not make any passes-but this is the Cleveland NEW NEW

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_145741.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_171809.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_150354.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120603_125042.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_150347.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120603_125122.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_203726.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/KiLaTeS1/20120602_151740.jpg

AWD AUTO 6262. Worked on this till 6am with the Cleveland Mafia. We will she how she does soon :)

Both cars are plated, and insured. ECheck? Nah :p

Edited by coltboostin

Put that motor and other shit to put down the power in my MS3 please.

It would be fun as hell to troll 270 on the weekends in something like that. :gabe:

what would make it fun as hell is if it had faded/chipped stock paint, widened stock rims w/ slicks, and stock rear bumper/side markers. That would be an easy money maker

What up with the rear bumpers all cut out like that....Surely it cant help that much.

And How did you guys do the passenger headlight....Im looking do do something just like that.

The car picked up 3 mph on that mod ALONE. On the Colts-there is NOTHING back there-its like having a small parachute. It owuld make more sense if you saw it.

They are quick but its tough for me to get excited about either of them...

Really?

Fast-

Clear-

Well done.

The cage/chassis work is nicer than 99% of the shit you typically see at the track. Trust me.

JP, I love your builds... The 200mph Colt to these 2 cars, all awesome!! Who the hell expects these type cars to run 10's. It's like watching a dodge mini van run 11's... or a Reliant K car killing a built to the hilt Supra. It's just not supposed to happen, but it does and it makes me laugh. Keep it up

JP, I love your builds... The 200mph Colt to these 2 cars, all awesome!! Who the hell expects these type cars to run 10's. It's like watching a dodge mini van run 11's... or a Reliant K car killing a built to the hilt Supra. It's just not supposed to happen, but it does and it makes me laugh. Keep it up

I cant take all the credit on these! Just tech/fab/tuning and some driving these old girls aren't mine. Unfortunately this+work is why mine aren't running :mad:

Really?

Fast-

Clear-

Well done.

The cage/chassis work is nicer than 99% of the shit you typically see at the track. Trust me.

Again, the cars are cool but I would never be interested in something like that. It's one thing if it were running 7's or 8's but it's a full on drag car that I can't use daily and honestly would rather drive a bolt-on GT-R running the same times (or quicker)...

Again, the cars are cool but I would never be interested in something like that. It's one thing if it were running 7's or 8's but it's a full on drag car that I can't use daily and honestly would rather drive a bolt-on GT-R running the same times (or quicker)...

I would rather drive a GTR as well, but these are not comparable cars! Thats as silly as saying your BUSA sucks because its not a DD. These are weekend toys built to go fast-and although the Colt (coupe) is more of a drag car than anything else at this point, the Mirage is 100% DD able. Full interior, HVAC, and a mild ACT 2600 clutch.

^^ How dumb would you feel though if said GTR got beat by one of these things haha

I wouldn't feel dumb at all, that car has pretty much one purpose and nothing else. Not to mention it's not running those times on the street without slicks and race gas. Again, one trick pony to me is not impressive...

I would rather drive a GTR as well, but these are not comparable cars! Thats as silly as saying your BUSA sucks because its not a DD. These are weekend toys built to go fast-and although the Colt (coupe) is more of a drag car than anything else at this point, the Mirage is 100% DD able. Full interior, HVAC, and a mild ACT 2600 clutch.

So what is the purpose and what are we comparing? Is it the times or car type or what? That's why I say it doesn't do anything for me because other than a drag car it's just...meh.. It's still a cool and quick little car but I just can't get thrilled about owning something like... ...and I can still DD my bike 100% street-able! ;)

I wouldn't feel dumb at all, that car has pretty much one purpose and nothing else. Not to mention it's not running those times on the street without slicks and race gas. Again, one trick pony to me is not impressive...

So what is the purpose and what are we comparing? Is it the times or car type or what? That's why I say it doesn't do anything for me because other than a drag car it's just...meh.. It's still a cool and quick little car but I just can't get thrilled about owning something like... ...and I can still DD my bike 100% street-able! ;)

You cant ride you bike in the rain (safely), or bad weather. The mirage has all creature comforts of a DD besides AC. Yes its a summer fun "toy", but so is your bike, no?

And for reference, have you ever actually seen this car in person? You have some pretty string opinions for someone whom as far as I know does not even know the car they are speaking of.

This cars original intention for the build was a road course car. It has been tracked at Nelsons, Mid Ohio, PBIR, and VIR. We took this down to Grass Roots Challenge in 2010 and took 5th in the road course, and second overall (lost be literally .002 points). Matt Step and El Mirage were invited to compete in SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge at VIR, and did the BEST for a non-shop entry.

Could the car run 8's? Sure. But it has a small turbo and a HUGE torque curve because its a road race car!

Calling it a one trick pony is as much of an insult to the build and builders as it shows your ignorance of the car or its history. I honestly don't blame you-you probably have never seen the car in person, and I don't expect you to know the car's history.

You cant ride you bike in the rain (safely), or bad weather. The mirage has all creature comforts of a DD besides AC. Yes its a summer fun "toy", but so is your bike, no?

And for reference, have you ever actually seen this car in person? You have some pretty string opinions for someone whom as far as I know does not even know the car they are speaking of.

This cars original intention for the build was a road course car. It has been tracked at Nelsons, Mid Ohio, PBIR, and VIR. We took this down to Grass Roots Challenge in 2010 and took 5th in the road course, and second overall (lost be literally .002 points). Matt Step and El Mirage were invited to compete in SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge at VIR, and did the BEST for a non-shop entry.

Could the car run 8's? Sure. But it has a small turbo and a HUGE torque curve because its a road race car!

Calling it a one trick pony is as much of an insult to the build and builders as it shows your ignorance of the car or its history. I honestly don't blame you-you probably have never seen the car in person, and I don't expect you to know the car's history.

I can ride my bike in the rain and safely. I've done it many times and when I was in the military had a bike as my only transportation at several points (even rode my old BUSA in the snow...which I don't recommend).

....and no haven't seen it in person and don't need to. So we are clear, which car are you talking about pics or vid?

Don't be confused I think it's cool just not interested in owning one. The reason I call it a one trick pony is because it's on SLICKS and running what type of race gas? Your idea of a street car DD is different than mine is all. If those things do it for you, have fun and don't let my opinion tell you otherwise. ;)