NTR and test runs

BBQdDude

I don't see any "test and tunes" left. I just want to do a few pulls. I found the schedule...

http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=17791&zoneid=45&navsource=Track%20Schedule

What days nights can people run just to tune?

11.2 was best pass. It was an interesting night to say the least. First pass of the night we go 11.2@127 they stop me at the end of the track, I ask them what as wrong and they tell me I went to fast and needed a fire jacket. Great...so my 2 buddies (big thank you to them) run to and back from Jegs in Reynoldsburg in 30mins with a jacket in hand. Luckily the track was oil'd down so I didnt miss out on any runs.

2nd pass I go 11.31@128mph and again get stopped, I tell em I got the jacket he says thats fine but is my stock belt the only seat belt in the car. I tell him yes. He tells me to slow down that they are saying I need a 5 point....fine

3rd pass, car launches the best it has ever launched and is most likely on its way to a 10.9, then my dumbass misses 3rd. Ooop! Went 11.7@127

4th pass I went 11.40@127 and get stopped again, tech guy is awesome at the end of the track. Talked to me about my car and all that shit, told me he was just gonna warn me and that I could go again

5th pass, I figure its getting late and not sure how many more I am going to get so I let it rip. Went 11.31 again and that was it haha. Stopped me and said the guys in the booth were telling him to inform me that I was done.

So me, my buddy Mike and Alex L from here go up to the booth to see what the fuck the deal is. I went 11.3@129mph last week with no jacket and never said a word to me. Tonight they are being king asshole about the rules. So the guy in the booth tells us and I quote, "we are trying to train our tech's how to tech import cars". Umm you tech me the same as you would the Ford, Chevy or Dodge thats next to me am I right? He then tells me "we're just not used to fast imports, we're used to the 15 second crowd" haahaha well you have 15 second Mustangs and Camaros out here so you must not be used to the 11 second ones then right?

So after a 30 min talk in the booth he tells me that its just best I call it a done night. So 5 point harnsses are being ordered tomorrow

Thats trails for ya. When they say stupid shit like that, its nothing more than they fucked up and are trying to cover their asses without looking like complete douchbags.

The funny thing about that is though, they act like they are so concerned with saftey, but yet last week, i got up in the lanes for a time trial pass and for some reason they just randomly cut off the slick car lanes with 1 car short and they told me to go ahead and go. Problem was i wasnt ready, no belt on, no helmet. I tried to tell the guy under the tower that i would just wait for the street cars coming behind me and the dude started screaming at me to go... makes sense since i still wasnt ready and the other guy already was already staged

11.2 was best pass. It was an interesting night to say the least. First pass of the night we go 11.2@127 they stop me at the end of the track, I ask them what as wrong and they tell me I went to fast and needed a fire jacket. Great...so my 2 buddies (big thank you to them) run to and back from Jegs in Reynoldsburg in 30mins with a jacket in hand. Luckily the track was oil'd down so I didnt miss out on any runs.

2nd pass I go 11.31@128mph and again get stopped, I tell em I got the jacket he says thats fine but is my stock belt the only seat belt in the car. I tell him yes. He tells me to slow down that they are saying I need a 5 point....fine

3rd pass, car launches the best it has ever launched and is most likely on its way to a 10.9, then my dumbass misses 3rd. Ooop! Went 11.7@127

4th pass I went 11.40@127 and get stopped again, tech guy is awesome at the end of the track. Talked to me about my car and all that shit, told me he was just gonna warn me and that I could go again

5th pass, I figure its getting late and not sure how many more I am going to get so I let it rip. Went 11.31 again and that was it haha. Stopped me and said the guys in the booth were telling him to inform me that I was done.

So me, my buddy Mike and Alex L from here go up to the booth to see what the fuck the deal is. I went 11.3@129mph last week with no jacket and never said a word to me. Tonight they are being king asshole about the rules. So the guy in the booth tells us and I quote, "we are trying to train our tech's how to tech import cars". Umm you tech me the same as you would the Ford, Chevy or Dodge thats next to me am I right? He then tells me "we're just not used to fast imports, we're used to the 15 second crowd" haahaha well you have 15 second Mustangs and Camaros out here so you must not be used to the 11 second ones then right?

So after a 30 min talk in the booth he tells me that its just best I call it a done night. So 5 point harnsses are being ordered tomorrow

Did you tell them in tech that you would run possibly 10.9 @ almost 130MPH? I see this all the time. People go out there to race with a car they built but did not build according to the rules. Do you have a roll cage? If yes and you run quicker than 11.49 you are required to have a certified 5 point harness that is within the NHRA expiration. (which is 2 years old max) If you run 135 MPH or faster (regaurdless of E.T.) you are required to have an NHRA license. Next time follow all the rules and if they say something to you then you have a foot to stand on. "No one said anything last week" is not a valid excuse to disregaurd the rules. Just get your car legal and consider the times you got away with it free passes. :)

Thats trails for ya. When they say stupid shit like that, its nothing more than they fucked up and are trying to cover their asses without looking like complete douchbags.

The funny thing about that is though, they act like they are so concerned with saftey, but yet last week, i got up in the lanes for a time trial pass and for some reason they just randomly cut off the slick car lanes with 1 car short and they told me to go ahead and go. Problem was i wasnt ready, no belt on, no helmet. I tried to tell the guy under the tower that i would just wait for the street cars coming behind me and the dude started screaming at me to go... makes sense since i still wasnt ready and the other guy already was already staged

You were pulled under the tower and not ready to run??? (lower head and shake it) Did you not want to race a slick equiped car? If you were pulled out of the lanes and were sitting under the tower you should have been belted in with your helmet ready. I know that you know this much.

I had no clue the car would go 11.2's it went 11.6 at Norwalk over the weekend which is supposdly "much nicer track" and has gone as slow as 11.8 at Trails. I have a 10 point cage that is certiied for 8.50s, I have a helmet that is snell approved, I now have the fire jacket, don' talk to me about builing a car that is legal. Talk to the dumbass tech guys that can't get their shit straight from one week to a next. Had I been warned last week, the car would've been legal this week.

Go talk to the tech guys tha say nothing when 2 cars run 9s at Impot Faceoff without a cage, or my buddies turbo TA that goes 10.9@130+ with no cage. The same tech guys that argued my kill switch was illegal because it doesnt kill power to the car, umm yes it does, its also marked "ON" and "OFF", had to bring that up to the guy in the booth as well. Atleast my import has never oil'd down the damn track, we lost over an hr on Wednesday because cars couldn't keep their shit together, how about enforcing diapers for all cars racing out there, I am puting one on my car, would you?

I am all for following rules, as long as its fair 1 week to the next and fair for all. The bullshit excuse of "we're not used to teching fast imports" is such a cop out. No your track officials suck dick and now you're being called out on it, thats the end of that debate.

I will be out Wednesday with 5point harness in tact, awaiting the next thing they tell me I need to get haha.

BTW what does your car run? I don't remember seeing it out there unless you was in your Cutlass which I have no clue what it looks like. I like meeting various members off this board out there just so I can put a face wth a username.

1 more edit because I am on a roll here, is it really only 135mph before you need a license? I always thought it was 150 which is same mph as when you need a chute. Not that I am bitching, I think it'd be awesome to get pulled over by a cop and ask if he wants my NHRA license or my Ohio license haha. Nevermind just searched yahoo and found the answer, guess I had better get a license because boost is going up to kill mode this month

Also don't take anything I have typed here as a jab directly at you, I am more frustrated with the lack of consistant rules at the track then anything else

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I had no clue the car would go 11.2's it went 11.6 at Norwalk over the weekend which is supposdly "much nicer track" and has gone as slow as 11.8 at Trails. I have a 10 point cage that is certiied for 8.50s, I have a helmet that is snell approved, I now have the fire jacket, don' talk to me about builing a car that is legal. Talk to the dumbass tech guys that can't get their shit straight from one week to a next. Had I been warned last week, the car would've been legal this week.

Go talk to the tech guys tha say nothing when 2 cars run 9s at Impot Faceoff without a cage, or my buddies turbo TA that goes 10.9@130+ with no cage. The same tech guys that argued my kill switch was illegal because it doesnt kill power to the car, umm yes it does, its also marked "ON" and "OFF", had to bring that up to the guy in the booth as well. Atleast my import has never oil'd down the damn track, we lost over an hr on Wednesday because cars couldn't keep their shit together, how about enforcing diapers for all cars racing out there, I am puting one on my car, would you?

I am all for following rules, as long as its fair 1 week to the next and fair for all. The bullshit excuse of "we're not used to teching fast imports" is such a cop out. No your track officials suck dick and now you're being called out on it, thats the end of that debate.

I will be out Wednesday with 5point harness in tact, awaiting the next thing they tell me I need to get haha.

BTW what does your car run? I don't remember seeing it out there unless you was in your Cutlass which I have no clue what it looks like. I like meeting various members off this board out there just so I can put a face wth a username.

1 more edit because I am on a roll here, is it really only 135mph before you need a license? I always thought it was 150 which is same mph as when you need a chute. Not that I am bitching, I think it'd be awesome to get pulled over by a cop and ask if he wants my NHRA license or my Ohio license haha. Nevermind just searched yahoo and found the answer, guess I had better get a license because boost is going up to kill mode this month

Also don't take anything I have typed here as a jab directly at you, I am more frustrated with the lack of consistant rules at the track then anything else

I hope you don't think I was trying to be shitty towards you. I really wasn't I was more making a general statement using your post as a quote. I agree the tech guys don't always tech 100% the way they should even though the say they do. I was impressed your car run as well as it did. I don't know why they would let those cars run the IFO without a cage. Maybe tech was handled by the IFO people? I have oiled the track before. I blew an oil line after the stripe about 6 years ago. Since then I always make sure my car has great parts on it that I can trust. I have no problem putting a diaper on my engine or my transmission. I race my Cutlass on Wednesdays. Its the white one that runs in the street class. I run 10.60's. With that car I totally understand your frustration. For years I have gotten grief over running in the street class. Last year however, I had enough and I didn't go out for over two months. I run with in the leeter of the rules for the Wednesday street class. I do not have a delay box or a throttle stop, I have closed exhaust (flowmaster outlaw race muflers), I have DOT tires (Hoosier wuick time pro's) and I run slower than 10.00. I do run a transbrake which was the subject of much debate last year on Trails' facebook page. Even last week this guy who wasn't even racing gave me a shitty look and shook his head when I was in the lanes for the 1st round of street.

Yeah man, I love racing and honestlyI like trails as much as I bitch about it. Its close to home, I grew up out there with my dad so I kinda have a soft spot for it. I just wish they would set rules, make everyone abide by them and call it a day. I wasn't upset about being kicked out, I was upset with the fact that the week previously I went higher MPH and not word was said. I have thought about stepping up a class as the import class on Wednesdays is a joke, there was 4 of us Wednesday and of the cars run 18 seconds or slower, its no fun going into a race knowing you've already lost because you can't beat the automatic car with 70hp lol.

I am waiting on a reply from trails in regards to license and what they are gonna bitch about me not having next haha.

You were pulled under the tower and not ready to run??? (lower head and shake it) Did you not want to race a slick equiped car? If you were pulled out of the lanes and were sitting under the tower you should have been belted in with your helmet ready. I know that you know this much.

yep lol. it was retarded though bc they were pulling from the slick lane and still had cars in that lane, but for some reason he pulled 1 more then told me and dad (we were at the front of the street lane) to go. i sat back even with dad for a sec so i could get my stuff on and the guy just started yelling like a dumbass. i tried to tell him to just let the slick guy go because by time i had finally gotten my helmet on, i was still sitting under the tower and the other guy already had his lights tripped and ready to go.

I was told by an employee friend at the track that they were going to crack down on rules then when people started bitchin this year they eased up on them, I guess they are back to cracking down..

Depends who is running things that night. A couple of the guys that work there (i.e., the billy guy we are talking about), like to play favorites. If your on their good list, you can pretty much get away with anything so long as people dont complain. But if your like me and dont get along with alot of the people that work there bc of above sentence, they will get yo for anything they can.