need to upgrade....

The_buster

So.... ummmm.... just found out the wife is pregnant... so we need to get a better bigger family car. Been looking at SUV'S for safety and the 4wd options. Any suggestions? She does like the suzuki xl7 and the mazda 5.. if that helps at all.

FORD FLEX

Otherwise, just get a minivan. You won't regret it later.

Odyssey

Sienna

Sedona/Entourage

Caravan

I looked at the Suzuki GV XL7 (a re-engineered Equinox, BTW) and a Cadillac SRX...so thankful to have my Odyssey now instead...

she does like the swagger wagon.. i mean sienna

Definitely get a minivan. Acres of space inside, low maintenance, uber comfortable, drives like a car, cheap to insure...there is no downside as long as you're comfortable in your manliness. :)

Used Ford Explorer.

Plenty of decent ones for your price range. Ive been driving my 2002 since new and I have

255k, and the only thing I have replaced is the rear toe links, water pump (200k), and alternator.

Thing has been a tank and I could see it doing another 40K.

Keep in mind though not everyone has had the same reliabilty as I have had, with their Explorers.

Is this your first kid or do you already have some? If its your first I wouldn't give in to a minivan quite yet. There's plenty of other options out there before handing over your man card and getting a minivan.

No better bang for your buck in terms of size or ride quality than a nice minivan. I picked ours up for $19k including 100K warranty with only 4k on the odo. Everything but leather which we didn't want anyway.

Sure, it's a minivan and it's no "fun" to drive, but the wifey drives it so I don't worry about that :gabe:

We get more use out of it than most would imagine and while even she doesn't "love it" she admits life would suck without one.

This would be kid number two.. and while were on the subject of cars... a kid offered me a 97 camaro for the civic.. good idea or bad? I figure I could trade it and get a better civic or something that's good on gas.

This would be kid number two.. and while were on the subject of cars... a kid offered me a 97 camaro for the civic.. good idea or bad? I figure I could trade it and get a better civic or something that's good on gas.

Likely trading problems for different problems IMHO. Do not want.