GoPro help requested

gbracing81

I got a Hero 2 last week and one of the features I want to utilize is the super slow motion recording. I want to point the camera at my rear tire and see how much wheel spin I have at the track. I have tried the WVGA-120, WVGA-60 and the 720-60 settings and none of them seem to be in slow motion let alone the super slow motion it says. I have a class 10 16GB memory card. Do I need to get a 32GB Sd? Or maybe I just need schooled on how to properly use this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I only have a Hero 1 so I'm not sure how it might be done in the camera itself. But you cold try stting it to the resolution setting with the highest frames per second. Then I'm sure there's software that can take a 60 or 120fps video and slow it down to 26fps.

I got a Hero 2 last week and one of the features I want to utilize is the super slow motion recording. I want to point the camera at my rear tire and see how much wheel spin I have at the track. I have tried the WVGA-120, WVGA-60 and the 720-60 settings and none of them seem to be in slow motion let alone the super slow motion it says. I have a class 10 16GB memory card. Do I need to get a 32GB Sd? Or maybe I just need schooled on how to properly use this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're shooting at 60 fps, then you'll be able to put it in slow motion in post edit.

When it records, it will get it in real time. You have to slow it down with post edit for slow motion. GoPro just recommends shooting in 60fps for slow motion capabilities.

Make sense?

If you're shooting at 60 fps, then you'll be able to put it in slow motion in post edit.

When it records, it will get it in real time. You have to slow it down with post edit for slow motion. GoPro just recommends shooting in 60fps for slow motion capabilities.

Make sense?

Yes sir it does. I was wondering if that was what I would have to do. You guys have been helpful. Thank you.