The LEMON strikes AGAIN

Protection

Sorry about your luck, but I thought I chimed in on the GXP when you were looking to buy this. At least I have in the past since I owned a 2006. Been there done that and loved mine while I had it but dumped it at 16k on the ODO. They are well known to have poor reliability. Check the tranny once she's back up and running. It's just a matter of time and it will start slipping. I didn't believe it but mine was as 16k. Mine was in the shop for the cam shaft sensor during it's first 500 miles. true story. I also replaced the water pump in the time I owned it. Thank God for warranty. Front rotors too. they are prone to cracking. Sad to say but the GXP's aren't long term cars.

Have you thought about trading it in on some thing a little more reliable? If you have, here's a little bit of info on reliable cars:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104374

Let me know if theres any thing I can do to help you with your car. I don't have as much free time as before due to working 2 jobs now and a little boy knocking on my girls cervix.

If I had to guess, I'd say its a theft deterrent issue. Might be best to have it scanned by a dealer. Maybe someone here has something that can read the body modules. My MODIS took a crap this morning and I won't see my SO dealer till Friday. Even then I don't know if he will be able to get it back up on the spot. May be a good reason to upgrade to a VERSUS????????

P.S. I had a similar problem with my 2004 GTP. Wouldn't start and turned out to be a door lock sensor on the right front door causing the anti-theft system to not allow the engine to start.

When you turn the car over is the tach moving? Making an assumption that if you have a tach reference then your position sensors are "ok" since they usually provide tach ref.

Coolant temp sensor would be easier to look at with a scan tool, YES they can cause the car to not start. Ask me how I know.....what do you think the PCM is doing to the fuel trims if it thinks it's -85* outside? I don't think based on your info that it is the CTS, has the car started ok after it cooled off? Or still no start at this time? Crank/Cam sensors are common to fail when they are hot, then work fine once they cool off.