AWD DD?

Sturg1647545502

Im in charleston right now, gonna drive right by it tomorrow morning on my way home

Are you really???!!!! that's great.

(My finders fee is 5%)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that is something that i forgot to include in my initial post. Ill be moving to CO with this car, so it has to perform in snow

I'm sure some will perform better than others but whatever you get pony up for a set of tires with the mountain and snow flake on the side. From what I understand, if the tire chain signs are up you either needs tire chains on, or these tires on to legally drive (on the highways?). Probably any modern AWD car and these tires and you will be set during the winter. Only thing I might worry about is ground clearance.

On a side note, where in CO are you moving. I'm jelly. :fa:

Lol just saying im driving through the city tomorrow, I already bought a new car. If you're srsly about buying it I can maybe swing by for a quick test drive?

No, no. I'm no where near ready to pull the trigger on anything. I knew you bought the SS but with as long as you were looking for the s60r i assumed youd be willing to give it another shot.

ever put any thought into a jag?? I had an x-type sport. 3L awd and available with a 5 speed. very comfy interior too. only drawbacks are, they can be expensive when they break due to the name and there isn't much of an aftermarket for them. which is unfortunate as they feel a little sluggish to me. it was a great riding car though, made a great dd for me when I had mine.

On a side note, where in CO are you moving. I'm jelly. :fa:

Where ever the jobs are. Idealy vail or beavercreek but they only have 1 hospital.

Ive got a good friend that owns a condo in vail so even if i live in Denver or ft. collins or where ever, ill have a place to crash for the weekend.

I'm actually a few hours a way from going out the door with 2 bros and driving 22hrs to spend a week out there with him.

First up is rafting on the CO river. then maybe a 14er, downhill mtn biking and camping. oh, and a metric fuck ton of fat tire in between. will post pics:)

ever put any thought into a jag?? I had an x-type sport. 3L awd and available with a 5 speed. very comfy interior too. only drawbacks are, they can be expensive when they break due to the name and there isn't much of an aftermarket for them. which is unfortunate as they feel a little sluggish to me. it was a great riding car though, made a great dd for me when I had mine.

for my money i'd end up with a POS. Besides im not trying to dip that much into luxury. Over stretching ones dollar on the your one and only DD can be a costly mistake.

AH thanks, i needed the translation.

I've heard of it but have no personal experience with any awd beemer.

anyone on here have one? I feel like compared to the saab or even the volvo they're less car for the money. but the 350hp is attractive.

Not the biggest car in the world, but very fun. Handles great and has very good performance potential. I put winter tires on it and it was a tank in the snow.

so i've arrived in CO and in reality.... its about space. i am going to value a wagon or hatch.

I bought a beater a few years ago. The water pump took a shit last Thursday, replaced it last night, but it now has 182kmi and I'm really thinking about a newer car. AWD, stick & wagon, but not a huge car, has been my 'ideal' car for a few years. So I'm really diging the info in this thread.

It's really a shame they don't sell the AWD Fit here. Even though it's dog slow, and not an ideal AWD system. The utility of space inside of those cars, especially for their external size, is downright amazing.

I'm probably going to go check out one of the Saab 9-2x's at some point. I knew about them when they came out, but have no idea how they dropped off my radar until this point.

One thing I found looking at these, for the Aero's (turbo=same as WRX), the 05' had the 2.0L and 06' had the 2.5L and more power. But it looks like the only sold about 330 06' Aeros, so they are probably hard to find. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_(second_generation)#Saab_9-2X

These cars are few and far between, I think there are something like 20 for sale in the whole US on Auto Trader.

One thing I found looking at these, for the Aero's (turbo=same as WRX), the 05' had the 2.0L and 06' had the 2.5L and more power. But it looks like the only sold about 330 06' Aeros, so they are probably hard to find. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_(second_generation)#Saab_9-2X

These cars are few and far between, I think there are something like 20 for sale in the whole US on Auto Trader.

Yea i saw the 2.0/ 2.5 difference. But just as you said they seems to be few and far between. Thats the benefit of having time to wait it out,.

I would probably look at an actual Subaru WRX wagon instead of the Saabs. The problem is that Saab washes their hands of anything Subaru-related in the car, and Subaru won't touch them because they have Saab badges. A friend of mine is in a similar situation trying to get his recalled control arms covered and each company is saying the other has to pay for it even though it's the exact same part.

I would probably look at an actual Subaru WRX wagon instead of the Saabs. The problem is that Saab washes their hands of anything Subaru-related in the car, and Subaru won't touch them because they have Saab badges. A friend of mine is in a similar situation trying to get his recalled control arms covered and each company is saying the other has to pay for it even though it's the exact same part.

My friend has one. Zero issues bringing to either dealer. In fact he got something in the mail about the control arms, took it in a few weeks back and had it back the same day. No issues.

I would probably look at an actual Subaru WRX wagon instead of the Saabs. The problem is that Saab...

It seems like the Subaru's of the same age go for a lot more money. Maybe due to Saab no longer selling cars & Subaru's seem to keep their value better than other cars due to the loyal following.

On autotrader right now.

05-06 Subaru WRX, manual, anywhere in the country. 34 cars.

Highest Price:$18,991

Lowest Price:$8,500

Average Price:$14,685

05-06 Saab 9-2x Aero (turbo=same as WRX), manual, anywhere in the country. 6 cars.

Highest Price:$12,995

Lowest Price:$9,250

Average Price:$10,910

One thing to note is that even though I searched for 05-06, there were no 06 Saab's since there was such a low amount made and I'm sure they are the most sought after variation (due to 2.5L engine).

Searching for WRX 05 only. 15 cars

Highest Price:$17,995

Lowest Price:$8,995

Average Price:$13,606

Yea i saw the 2.0/ 2.5 difference. But just as you said they seems to be few and far between. Thats the benefit of having time to wait it out,.

2.0's show up all the time. I found 10-15 last time I looked. Unless you're keeping an eye on the 9-2x board, the only '06 Aero you usually see is an auto, which is rarer than a stick.

My friend has one. Zero issues bringing to either dealer. In fact he got something in the mail about the control arms, took it in a few weeks back and had it back the same day. No issues.

Got the same mailing from Saab. Just need to find the time.

One thing to note is that even though I searched for 05-06, there were no 06 Saab's since there was such a low amount made and I'm sure they are the most sought after variation (due to 2.5L engine).

2006 (1,832 cars produced) US

Aero 5MT 235 16.17%

Aero 4EAT 103 7.09%

I would expand your search to 04-07. Some websites list the car as being sold under those model years.

Funny, a guy pm'd me out of the blue about a year back about selling mine, and wouldn't take the hint. Just kept sending messages. This was another board though.

If you can find one, they are great. I daily mine and last fill up got 26.3 MPG. Helped the girlfriend in moving last summer with zero issue, I was really surprised how much the car can hold.

Pros: Comfortable, decently fuel efficient for a Turbo AWD vehicle, spacious interior, heated seats.

Cons: Stereo, worried about sourcing the Saab specific body parts.

I'm sorry if that didn't flow well/make sense, very tired. If anyone has any questions about the 9-2x or even want to take a look at mine (even though it is dreadfully dirty right now), I usually try and make it out to sawmill or just shoot me a message.