WTB: LS6 Intake Manifold

Fubar231

Does anybody have a used LS6 intake manifold laying around? Is there any difference between the Camaro LS6 Manifold, the Corvette LS6 manifold, and the GTO LS6 Manifold?

The LS1 fuel rail, injectors and all that work just fine on the LS6 right? Also for the manifold, isn't there a certain crossover thing or something i need to buy to get it to work with the LS1 correctly?

Thanks,

Shane

Intakes are the same. However, the steam crossover tube from a LS1 setup won't fit under an LS6 intake. You will need 2 steam passage blockoffs for the rear and an LS6 crossover for the front.

Where would i get those steam passage block offs, and the LS6 cross-over for the front? Would the LS6 manifold have the crossover attached to the bottom of it if i bought a used one? Or does that depend if the person left it on or took it off? Do you have a pic of what your talking about?

Where would i get those steam passage block offs, and the LS6 cross-over for the front? Would the LS6 manifold have the crossover attached to the bottom of it if i bought a used one? Or does that depend if the person left it on or took it off? Do you have a pic of what your talking about?

The steam passages are attached to the cylinder heads. Go out and look at your car. Its a tube underneath the throttle body that bolts to both heads. Like evil8 said, the stock ls1 steam tube connects to all 4 corners and will not fit under the ls6 intake.

I would use google or hop on ls1tech, there has go to be someone that has improvised before.

Its pretty easy to modify your steam passages, someone with a little engine knowelege could cut them and insert a short section of rubber hose to eliminate the rear crossover. There are a few ways to remedy that situation, and all LS6 manifolds are the same, just be aware that there are LS1 intakes that came off of early Vettes that did not have EGR provisions looking like an LS6 manifold. The only real way to tell is that the bottom drops down on an LS6, hence why the steam tubes are different on a car with an LS6 manifold. LS6 manifolds came on just about every LS1-LS6 after 01, including f-bodys.

Its pretty easy to modify your steam passages, someone with a little engine knowelege could cut them and insert a short section of rubber hose to eliminate the rear crossover. There are a few ways to remedy that situation, and all LS6 manifolds are the same, just be aware that there are LS1 intakes that came off of early Vettes that did not have EGR provisions looking like an LS6 manifold. The only real way to tell is that the bottom drops down on an LS6, hence why the steam tubes are different on a car with an LS6 manifold. LS6 manifolds came on just about every LS1-LS6 after 01, including f-bodys.

Or you could always just google the part number stamped on the intake to see which it is.

LS1tech has all the info you need for this.

What kind of money are you looking to spend on an intake? I have a Weiand Lingenfelter intake for sale. It is painted satin black to look like a stock intake and comes with new gaskets.

Those Weiand manifolds are aluminum or something right? Im worried about metal manifolds becoming a huge heat sink on the top of my motor, as opposed to a plastic one like the LS6 or a composite one like the FAST manifolds.

Those Weiand manifolds are aluminum or something right? Im worried about metal manifolds becoming a huge heat sink on the top of my motor, as opposed to a plastic one like the LS6 or a composite one like the FAST manifolds.

Yes sir they are aluminum. I never had any problem with heat when I was running it. Plastic or aluminum, it will get hot when the engine is running unless you are racing it and you are pushing it through the lanes. The Weiand can be ported if needed and will withstand an unlimited amount of boost. Plus even new it is less than half the cost of the FAST intake.