quick question for the law guys.

pontiacfreak142

Long story short, my buddy lives in a trailer park and the owner of the park cant seem to enforce his own rules properly. 2 of the rules they have are, no pets over 30 pounds and no parking on the street during the week without a permit that you get at the front office.

Problem 1: the lady that just moved in behind them has a huge german shepard, 120 pound dog easy. Now they wouldnt care, except there are no fences between properties, the lady told them the dog was vicious towards children and she doesnt even keep it on a leash when outside. They have complained a couple times to the park owner, only to get told nothing was going to be done about it.

Problem 2: my buddy calls me up and wants me and couple other friends to come over for a cook out yesterday. We head over and stop at the front desk, only to see a big closed sign in the front window. So we headed on back to my buddies place. After being there for maybe 20 minutes, some lady drives up and just lays on her horn to get our attention, and proceeds to just get nasty with us and tells us she will have our cars towed if not moved immediately. After having a little "debate" with the lady about it, my buddy just got tired of it and told us to park in his yard lol.

Now my questions is, i know they are rules and they can tow cars since roads are private property, but seeing as they refuse to handle problem 1, could they be facing some reprocussions if they did tow our cars? I mean we couldnt even get parking passes anyway.

Yep. Thats actually what we were talking to the lady about. All the rules are listed in it, but they seem to like to pick and choose what rules they want to enforce and who to enforce them on.

If he is bound by the contract, they can enforce the rules as they see. Sure, you might be able to argue that they selectively enforce in court, but I don't see that being entirely effective. Your argument would be similar to saying that the police selectively enforce some laws over others. In reality, you are aware of the parking situation and must abide by it. If you choose not to, you do so at your own risk. The cost of dealing with the issue after the fact will probably be more than you want to pay and will probably not have the outcome you want.

I'd shoot the dog the first moment it showed even a hint of aggression towards my son. If the Bitch owner says anything, shoot her too. Bury her remains underneath her trailer.

Then feel free to park on her yard.

Both problems solved.

You're an idiot.

If the dog is an issue, you do have recourse. Thanks to the contract/lease/whatever the use in those parks, you could work to get the dog removed and probably hold the property owner liable for anything the dog does.

Does it say parking passes must be acquired during business hours? i.e.: in advance?

It is all up to the park owners digression sadly if it's private property I would think.

Nope, there is nothin that states that they have to be purchased during business hours

If he is bound by the contract, they can enforce the rules as they see. Sure, you might be able to argue that they selectively enforce in court, but I don't see that being entirely effective. Your argument would be similar to saying that the police selectively enforce some laws over others. In reality, you are aware of the parking situation and must abide by it. If you choose not to, you do so at your own risk. The cost of dealing with the issue after the fact will probably be more than you want to pay and will probably not have the outcome you want.

You're an idiot.

If the dog is an issue, you do have recourse. Thanks to the contract/lease/whatever the use in those parks, you could work to get the dog removed and probably hold the property owner liable for anything the dog does.

I had a feeling thats how is was going to be. We have no problem following the rules, my buddy is just mostly pissed that they refuse to do anything about a dog that could potentially kill his kid, but they are so worried about a couple cars parked on the road.

I had a feeling thats how is was going to be. We have no problem following the rules, my buddy is just mostly pissed that they refuse to do anything about a dog that could potentially kill his kid, but they are so worried about a couple cars parked on the road.

I hate to take it out on the dog, but a couple nice scraps of steak soaked in prestone then tossed in the yard say early morning when he's likely taking a morning piss and hungry.

Complain to the owner or manager and tell them if there is any incident, you plan to seek damages from all liable parties.

I hate to take it out on the dog, but a couple nice scraps of steak soaked in prestone then tossed in the yard say early morning when he's likely taking a morning piss and hungry.

That would be lots of fun explaining as you face charges for cruelty to animals. If there has not been an issue, talk to the lady. Let her know that you're worried and ask that she always keep the dog restrained. If the dog is found to be unrestrained at any time you will contact animal control and/or the police.

Complain to the owner or manager and tell them if there is any incident, you plan to seek damages from all liable parties.

That would be lots of fun explaining as you face charges for cruelty to animals.
Innocent until proven guilty. Prove it was me and you can have that fun. Until then, it's just a dog that died and I doubt a lady living in a trailer has the money to have a vet perform many tests or even a necropsy. I hear skunks and groundhogs around us die like that all the time. We have no idea why.

Innocent until proven guilty. Prove it was me and you can have that fun. Until then, it's just a dog that died and I doubt a lady living in a trailer has the money to have a vet perform many tests or even a necropsy. I hear skunks and groundhogs around us die like that all the time. We have no idea why.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/Scifi_crazy1/cstm/C-CSI.jpg