Hey techies

Buckeye1647545503

You need a device that supports Netflix (x-box, PS3, DVD or Blueray, smart TV, ect) connected to your TV and the internet, unless you just want to watch it on your computer. I stream Netflix on my wifi-enabled x-box, but I have to have a subscription to x-box live for that. X-box is cool because of the additional Hulu-plus, Cinema-Now, and ESPN apps that I use (other apps are avail as well).

Further specifics would be best answered by a techie.

You need a device that supports Netflix (x-box, PS3, DVD or Blueray, smart TV, ect) connected to your TV and the internet, unless you just want to watch it on your computer. I stream Netflix on my wifi-enabled x-box, but I have to have a subscription to x-box live for that. X-box is cool because of the additional Hulu-plus, Cinema-Now, and ESPN apps that I use (other apps are avail as well).

Further specifics would be best answered by a techie.

Ya I don't want to buy a game system when I will never play any games and after that I am not sure what is avail and really not sure what is even possible. I hear you can surf the net on tv too not sure what else

Reading eludes you. If you don't just want to watch Netfix on your computer you need something that will connect with the internet and Netflix.

Here you, I googled it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Netflix_Instant_Watch_Devices

If you don't want to buy a game console, you can always buy some thing like a Roku. It's cheap, runs from $49 for a 720P one with wi-fi, to $99 for their top of the line that can play games like angry birds. If you don't care about games, the $79 has wi-fi and is a 1080p streamer. Some of the things Roku streams:

http://www.roku.com/Libraries/Products_Page/logocloud.sflb.ashx

I have seen the rokus on woot and wondered if they were any good

I bought my parents one, they used it for a good solid month. They still use it, but not every day. It works great because it has access to more than just netflix.

I really like my Logitech Revue. Most of my CR time is actually when I'm sitting in front of the TV browsing the net. It's alot faster at loading netflix and other apps than my "smart" wi-fi blu-ray player is and it was dirt cheap.

The main issue I have now is that their latest update made Chrome a little unstable. Still a really neat piece for $100. I paid over $200 for my blu-ray.

• 2 weeks later...
If you have a 1080p capable set, then go BluRay that has wifi capability. Just upgrade to a new N series router and you'll have no issues streaming movies. We did two different movies at one time the other night no problem.