UFC 148

Otis Nice

Yup. I don't remember which fight it was, but it was several years ago. Forrest lost and threw a temper tantrum and was generally a sore loser. Haven't liked him since.

Fair enough. Prob his earlier days when he was a bit younger. I think he's cool, calm, and collected now.

...and Silva dislocating his jaw def kept any ego he might have had in check.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nothing for those guys to cut weight 20lbs in a day or so...its all water weight cut just for weigh in

I know they cut weight, but 20 pounds? Jeez. My buddy is a fighter. I'm gonna text him. Not that I'm doubting it or couldn't look it up but I'm curios as to how much he's cut in a day.

I know they cut weight, but 20 pounds? Jeez.

I thought that same way. originally thought it was impossible but after research I guess its not.

Thats still more than you want to cut atleast from what Ive seen/read.

I thought that same way. originally thought it was impossible but after research I guess its not.

Thats still more than you want to cut atleast from what Ive seen/read.

Yeah. I'm sure it's been done. Actually, a lot of last minute call in fighters have reported cutting drastic amount in a short time but they usually get whalloped due to lack of preperation and fatigue. The toll it takes on the body is crazy I think. I know for my buddy, and this may be just him and his style, he fights at 145 and walks around at 155. He tries not to get above that. If he's going to fight he starts months in advance prepping his body.

I dunno though. I'm no fighter or trainer. I've lost a ton of weight but to drop that 20 in less than 24 hours seems crazy.

Yeah. I'm sure it's been done. Actually, a lot of last minute call in fighters have reported cutting drastic amount in a short time but they usually get whalloped due to lack of preperation and fatigue. The toll it takes on the body is crazy I think. I know for my buddy, and this may be just him and his style, he fights at 145 and walks around at 155. He tries not to get above that. If he's going to fight he starts months in advance prepping his body.

I dunno though. I'm no fighter or trainer. I've lost a ton of weight but to drop that 20 in less than 24 hours seems crazy.

from the weigh in's tonight it definitely looked like chaels face was all drawn in. usually when they look like that you see fatigue set in as the fight goes on. anderson looked more normal.

we will see.

Weird. Sonnen lost 20 pounds over night. That's got to be bad for his health.

Weigh in.

Silva showing the tool he really is. I'm ready for him to be dismantled...again. Kudos to Chael for keeping his cool.

I hear you, and I get where you are coming from, but I have to be honest, this reminds me of some of the best times in Boxing. Back when the dudes would talk shit to one another. I'm all for the way of the honorable warrior, but dammit, we need a bad guy, and some personality in these fights. Thats why I dig it.

I hear you, and I get where you are coming from, but I have to be honest, this reminds me of some of the best times in Boxing. Back when the dudes would talk shit to one another. I'm all for the way of the honorable warrior, but dammit, we need a bad guy, and some personality in these fights. Thats why I dig it.

Hope silva gets his face caved in and proceeds to have a long dirtnap.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love it. Although I can't stand Tito I LOVED the way he got into Shamrocks head and called all 3 fights. I love the controversy and the trash talk. Been sitting here all night watching the prefight conferences and weigh ins and am eating it up. I just can't stand Silva. I won't discredit how good he is though, but he's a tool. That's just me making an observation. :) I've NEVER liked Silva.

the knee did leave me scratching my head, but honestly it was a good stoppage. if sonnen felt like it was stopped to soon, or if he felt that he had been robbed, he wouldve complained right away. he looked and acted like a defeated man.

At 1st it looked like an illegal knee, but replays showed it went to the body...but that still doesn't explain why the ref was letting Silva hold on for dear life to sonnen's shorts. Oh well. I was hoping for a different outcome on both fights. Anyone feel the Tito/Forrest fight was scored incorrectly?

At 1st it looked like an illegal knee, but replays showed it went to the body...but that still doesn't explain why the ref was letting Silva hold on for dear life to sonnen's shorts. Oh well. I was hoping for a different outcome on both fights. Anyone feel the Tito/Forrest fight was scored incorrectly?

I thought it was correct. Other than as Tito mentioned Forest didn't really do much damage. His punches are pitter-patter, which score points but that's about it. you have to finish the fight if you don't like how judging is done.

My take:

-Forrest got beat on pretty good and regardless of what the points say, lost that fight. And he's still a bitch. Dude is seriously a sore loser/douche. What was with him leaving the ring post-fight? I'm thinking he had the same thinking as everyone else, i.e. - he lost; and that's why he left so suddenly before being turned back by Dana White.

-I really wanted to see Sonnen beat on Silva, again. He did a pretty good job of that in the first round, but I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd. I'm thinking he just gassed himself in the first, because he was going pretty damn hard. Silva is a bad mofo, but I really would like to see someone knock him from his thrown.

-Who's next after Sonnen?

.....and i rest my case!

You have to have made an intelligent case before you can put one to rest.

I thought as long as a competitor was making an effort to guard their face the bout would continue? Sunnen wasn't down for more than a few hits before it was called.

My thoughts precisely. Last fight Silva was laying down, not defending, for more than 30 seconds and they didn't call it. Sonnen is down for a few, and it was (rightfully) stopped. I feel the stoppage was a good call, and so does Sonnen and any other intelligent fan. My prob is where Silva was granted the leniancy in the first fight.

Anyone feel the Tito/Forrest fight was scored incorrectly?

Just like any other sport, look at the stats.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1226856/Tito-Forrest_striking_medium.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1226860/Tito-Forrest_grappling_medium.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1226864/Tito-Forrest_performance_medium.jpg

Like it or not, as someone said on my FB, even though he left like a punk (which caused him to lose what respect I did have for him), the points aren't based on post fight attitude.

His punches are pitter-patter, which score points but that's about it. you have to finish the fight if you don't like how judging is done.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about MMA. Take just one of his "pitter-patter" hits. I'd love to see the results.

Cry babies. Sonnen lost. Get over it.

Yup, he did. I won't cry over it. I will say, that once again, Silva showed his colors though. His "take vaseline from my face and slather my torso so I'm harder to hold onto" move was FINALLY sought out and the ref used a towel to wipe it off. Jerk move. His holding the shorts, which anyone who is (at the time) 14-0 in the UFC KNOWS is illegal? Jerk move. His knee to the BODY on a downed opponent? Legal and devestating. He won it. He's a jerk, but he won that fight.

I still think he should've lost the first fight by stoppage though.

i did not watch either fight, but sonnen sounds like his doesn't fight very intelligently and/or is sloppy. he deserved to lose both.

If you didn't watch it how on earth can you make intelligent speculation based on a web forum? Please stop.

My take:

-Forrest got beat on pretty good and regardless of what the points say, lost that fight. And he's still a bitch. Dude is seriously a sore loser/douche. What was with him leaving the ring post-fight? I'm thinking he had the same thinking as everyone else, i.e. - he lost; and that's why he left so suddenly before being turned back by Dana White.

Um....yeah, Tito looked stiff and slow. He got his face punched inside out as well. His take downs were solid, but he was out gunned by far.

-I really wanted to see Sonnen beat on Silva, again. He did a pretty good job of that in the first round, but I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd. I'm thinking he just gassed himself in the first, because he was going pretty damn hard. Silva is a bad mofo, but I really would like to see someone knock him from his thrown.

What happened is he got sloppy. I don't think he was gassed at all, but he was letting his emotions control him. He wanted it so bad that he was willing to try anything and it failed him...that and he caught Silvas right hook with his face.

I also agree with you more about Forrest after this fight.

You have to have made an intelligent case before you can put one to rest.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about MMA. Take just one of his "pitter-patter" hits. I'd love to see the results.

hey I was drinking and it was late.

since when do we compare what other fighters say to what I would think if I entered the ring? Im just repeating what Tito says about him and the fact that forrest doesn't finish fights as of late but still has a super high punch count. thats all.