A new 1-Mile record today....

Got-Boost?

Bill Warner AGAIN.....ran 290mph in 1-Mile today!

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2011/07/Bill-Warner-02.jpg

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/Congrats%20to%20everyone%20on%20NEW%20best%20speeds%21%20%20Bill,%20Colt/Karl,%20David,%20Shane/Rahael,

Is that a windshield were the lights normally are so he can see?

Yes, (per the rules) in order for him to be considered a motorcycle he can't be fully enclosed or it's no longer considered a motorcycle but a stream liner...

It looks like the bike even has molds on the side for his legs and feet to fit into?

For safety and rules, the legs may not be enclosed in the bodywork...

That's nothing compared to what d. Wiggs is going to do

Bill is probably the quietest and most chill guy you could meet. He doesn't brag or say much but carries a BIG stick. I wish someone else would learn from him...

I have to wonder, would it be rules legal to run something like a Top Fuel car with some changes to make it a mile runner? Drop the boost and run lower nitro percentages for longer engine life, run a geared transmission for more MPH...stuff like that.

You could, there is a class for everything....however, I don't think most of those cars would survive a full 1-mile or 1.5-mile run. They'd have to de-tune them and probably change a lot to survive that distance...

The best part of this record is he's still got more room to turn it up. He mis-counted his shifts and ran 290mph in 5th gear (thinking he was in 6th)! There's always next time to click 6th gear......he's going for first motorcycle over 300MPH in 1-Mile!