12 to 14 dead at dark knight showing

Skinner

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was about to be shot I would certainly try

true...I know I would want to try but I'm not sure I'd have the balls to

I would not have even thought about "I wonder if he's wearing a vest?" I would just be taking cover and returning fire.

LOL..yea..right

I got some bad news today. I use to be a trainer at my last job (Teleperformance USA) and one of the more colorful and fun trainees that I taught has pass away from this shooting.

It is really sad especially since he died keeping his girlfriend safe. He succeed however not without a cost.

I have come across a lot of assholes in my short time here but I can certainly say he was a nice guy that was very laid back and mellow.

RIP Matt

let's be honest though, what civilian would carry a gun to a movie theater that would be able to stand up the the guns the shooter had AND be able to counter all the armor the guy had?

Fire for effect. Even if you aren't penetrating the armor; getting bullets slung back at him is still going to fuck with him pretty hard. And who knows, you might get lucky and smack him in the face with one. :dumb: I'd certainly rather have one than not in that situation.

And again, I bet it's no coincidence that this happened in Aurora vs. the rest of gun-loving Colorado. These people aren't that stupid. Especially this guy.

Had I been in the theater carrying my first instinct would be to get the hell out before returning fire on a guy. I'm not even going to start to think I would be calm enough to return fire in a panicked crowd.

If put in the situation though where I was forced to fire I think shots hitting body armor would have an effect on the shooter.