Movie review: Dark Knight Rises

Putty

I will reserve full judgement until I actually watch it, however I have read all the spoilers including how it ends and its very lame sounding. Chris Nolan (the director) has such a fan boy following on comic book movie forums that I honestly think he could film nothing but people taking a shit and they'd demand it win an oscar.

Saw it Sunday night and thought it was well worth watching. I liked it so much that I am hoping I can check it out again this weekend and hopefully on IMAX at Easton. I am a fan of Tom Hardy and he doesn't disappoint. There are some nice twists in this movie and they really did a great job of leaving the door wide open with the ending of this movie.

I have seen it twice now hoping I missed something the first time. Nope...It was as boring the 2nd time. Not enough Batman. Too long. Too much story. Bane was hard to understand at times.

Last one with Joker was better!

Just got home from seeing it and I must say I totally disagree with most of the posters in this thread.

1. Bane was an excellent villian for this film, I honestly don't think the Joker would've been the right villian to end the trilogy even if Heath Ledger was still alive.

2. Joseph Gordan Levitt really suprised me with his role in this film. Reading all the spoilers online left me feeling he was going to be real corny and all that but they pulled it off nicely.

3. Anne Hathaway is now on my top 20 to do list. Her ass in the cat suit is quite amazing, especially when riding the bat pod.

4. The ending really does leave you wanting more, sadly this was the end for the cast and story. I wonder how long before WB decides to reboot this franchise, or they could very well do a spioff if they wanted

She had an ass in that suit? She's not hot to me either. Just ok.

Bane was a great villain, but the movie itself was boring. 35 plus mins before batman surfaced. Then he comes out, gets his ass kicked and is gone again until the end of the movie basically. The movie was really all about bane and story that I really didn't care for. Batman was all over the movie with joker.

I just saw it. This is more of a Thriller/Drama then a shoot up up action movie.

Pros:

Great story

A few twists

Well written and good acting

Good ending left open

Cat women character was great

Cons:

Very little actual "Batman" stuff

No bat gizmos

Only a flying bat thing and motorcycle

Not enough Batman kicking ass and vanishing

Some parts dragged on

Hard to understand Bane at times, his voice was muffled

Looking forward to the Expendables 2! Lol, going to be a dumb story, but it will be amazing!

saw it last night. all in all i was not impressed with this film. bain's voice is worse then batmans from the dark knight. he sounds like a muffled yoda. not enough batman awesomeness in the movie. i dont like how the character devoloped. some of the action scene's were great.

the worst thing about the film was the political influence and how it paralell's to today's current politics. that part really annoyed me.