Right to search your Garage Sale Stuff?

TTQ B4U

when are they "dangling" airsoft guns? the airsoft gun you see being held up in the video thats the officer doing it after being told to leave. i would be pissed to if they just came in and started going thru my shit after being told to leave. let me walk into your garage and go thru your shit after you tell me no. i can buy airsoft guns in walmart next to spiderman toys.

are they not allowed to sell guns in CA? I wouldn't see any difference if they were real or not as long as they were not knowingly selling to felons and those underage

CA has some of the most restrictive gun Legislation & REGISTRATION in the Country. It would not surprise me if they had no Private Party Sales.

:(

KillJoy

anyone that knows firearms can tell the difference. also like i said they could have handled it a lot better then they did.

No. This is baiting. The police should arrest these pests. Im all for standing up for your rights, but these people take it too far. Just as easily, that cop could claim he was interested in purchasing the airsoft guns.

Im versed in guns and if i was driving by and saw 5 AK/AR style guns hanging from these cockroaches garage door, id be a little worried too.

I would bet you all the money to my name that you wouldn't be able to tell the diff between a real AR and a high quality airsoft AR until you held it.

Cliffs - Your wrong, not matter what comes out of your mouth or gets typed on this board, your wrong.

Thank you, have a good day.

• Confused 1

I would bet you all the money to my name that you wouldn't be able to tell the diff between a real AR and a high quality airsoft AR until you held it.

This is actually somewhat true. For a while there was airsoft guns that mimicked the operation of an AR-15 so accurately, you could actually take the lower receiver on the airsoft gun and use it with a real upper. Best part is, it had full auto.

This is actually somewhat true. For a while there was airsoft guns that mimicked the operation of an AR-15 so accurately, you could actually take the lower receiver on the airsoft gun and use it with a real upper. Best part is, it had full auto.

I call bullshit.

:bs:

KillJoy

Both parties are somewhat wrong:

1) Garage seller lady - no expectation of privacy exists for things in plain sight so no warrant is needed. She could ask the police to leave (step off the grass) but that is all. They can look from the sidewalk all they want to.

2) Police - No probable cause to search through their things. Even being in plain sight there needs to be probable cause to conduct a search - the officer must believe a crime has or is going to be committed. Only crimes would be violation of local laws restricting/prohibiting firearm sales, or selling to a felon or minor. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Bullshit, more to it than just changing the lower. And plastic is not going to hold up to full auto fire, and heat, ever shot a machine gun? They get hot, real hot from continued use.

Additionally, you need an M16 bolt for the lower to fire auto as well.

As far as a 4th amendment violation, if there is a complaint, and the weapons are in plain sight, coupled with it taking place in liberal Cali., there is no illegal search, I did not watch the video, got to read the comments, saw all I needed.