Saw a boat sink today at alum, Please read

TurboRust

I came across a Dad and his two small kids sunk at alum today in their 14 ft fiberglass boat, apparently a larger boat pulling kids in a tube got withing20-30ft off the side of his boat and the wake entered the rear corner of the boat engulfing it and sinking them. Everyone is safe, but the boat is going to be trashed and is going to cost him $1000 to get it towed from the bottom of alum creek.

Be careful and Be aware of other boaters out there guys.. It could have been way worse than just losing a boat.

Im thinking about buying my 1st boat. Thanks for the tip. I could see where someone could be playing around and not realize what they are doing. Glad everyone is ok.

I will always look out now...lol

This is why I quit going to Alum Creek years ago. Hell it's a bitch to launch/load a boat with all the idiots at the ramp, .

That's going to happen at any boat ramp. Alum creek tried to fix this by expanding there launch at the marina area. Its huge now

Grandpa has a 16 fit skeeter bass boat with a very shallow draft that always concerns me a bit when there's much of a chop. I always have lifejacket and can swim fine, but it's still a little spooky. I had it one memorial day at buckeye and thought I might die.

Was out there today from 5-8. Couldnt have asked for better weather. The retard i went with launched from the cheshire ramp, pulled the boat into that big cove right by the dock with the tube, and wanted to beach it in the dirt there and swim. What a stupid fucking idea. First, who goes out on a boat just to moore off on the shore, and and second the last thing i want is a fuck hook or broken glass in my feet.

Anyways, glad those people were okay. The lake was busy today.

Im thinking about buying my 1st boat. Thanks for the tip. I could see where someone could be playing around and not realize what they are doing. Glad everyone is ok.

I will always look out now...lol

I have one or sale. Check the corral :fuckyeah:

Did/can he track down the d-bag on the other boat and hold him accountable?

He said that water patrol tracked him down but they couldn't do anything because there were no whiteness for the flyby that actually sunk the boat.

He said that water patrol tracked him down but they couldn't do anything because there were no whiteness for the flyby that actually sunk the boat.

Damn that sucks, and i bet the guy in the other boat isnt going to fess up to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Grandpa has a 16 fit skeeter bass boat with a very shallow draft that always concerns me a bit when there's much of a chop. I always have lifejacket and can swim fine, but it's still a little spooky. I had it one memorial day at buckeye and thought I might die.

Those bass boats are crazy low! I saw a guy take a huge amount of water over the stern just trying to put it on the trailer a few weeks ago... didn't take much of a wave LOL, no wake area didn't help much!