Professional Rim Repair: Reviews?

Overclocker

So...background. In the heat of the afternoon, I'm roaring through the kink in the backstretch when the back end lets loose like it's on ice. We go around, through the grass, and hit the guardrail, sideways/backwards, at maybe 60-70 mph. Could be more, maybe less. I really wasn't looking at the speedo at the time. We roll twice and stick the landing perfectly. Got screwed by the East German judge, though, but we walked away, so I guess it's all good.

Vehicle is D.O.N.E., but there are lots of salvageable parts. Some of which may be the wheels. One wheel has a visible quarter-sized dent in the inside rim and some scratches as it ripped out the hub and the brake rotor landed on the inside surface. The others appear to be OK, as they're still holding air. My concern is that they may be bent just a wee bit. If/when I sell these wheels, I need to make sure they're safe.

I have a recommendation from a reputable source for Professional Wheel Repair. They're on my side of town, so it would be convenient. Anybody have experience with them? Prices look reasonable. I've never had wheels worth fixing, so I'm lost.

http://www.rimprofessionals.com

When it comes to wheel re-furbishing I have had some good success with Wheel Medic, I have also seen personally and heard of some horror stories.

When it comes to powder coating, and bent wheels they have been nothing short of fantastic and have turned away several of our customer's wheels as they deemed them as un safe by their fixing standards.

First of all, I would never go to a "professional" that works on wheels, and calls them "rims," and has a website that looks like it was made in 1995.

Second, forget them, and go directly to Wheel Medic.

First of all, I would never go to a "professional" that works on wheels, and calls them "rims," and has a website that looks like it was made in 1995.

usually, it's the rim that needs the most work ;)...so for all intensive purposes (and non-intensive ones), it's probably the rim that needs the most work on a damaged wheel

A tiny part of my soul dies every time someone uses the term "rims" to describe their wheels.

I totally agree that the site looks like it was built in MS Frontpage. Gak.

When it comes to wheel re-furbishing I have had some good success with Wheel Medic, I have also seen personally and heard of some horror stories.

When it comes to powder coating, and bent wheels they have been nothing short of fantastic and have turned away several of our customer's wheels as they deemed them as un safe by their fixing standards.

I can really appreciate a business that turns clients away due to safety concerns. Sure, it might just be a business decision based on risk of a lawsuit, but it calms my cynicism nonetheless.

I've used wheel medic with positive results in the past.

However I'm currently dealing with an issue with a recent repair. Being in a service business myself I've always said that it's not IF you make mistakes but it's how you deal with those mistakes that defines you. I hope the re-repair works better this time as I'm a little put off by the lack of urgency to make things right.

usually, it's the rim that needs the most work ;)...so for all intensive purposes (and non-intensive ones), it's probably the rim that needs the most work on a damaged wheel

RIMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edited by Farkas

I've used wheel medic with positive results in the past.

However I'm currently dealing with an issue with a recent repair. Being in a service business myself I've always said that it's not IF you make mistakes but it's how you deal with those mistakes that defines you. I hope the re-repair works better this time as I'm a little put off by the lack of urgency to make things right.

I appreciate your input, Andy. I've seen some of your work in person, and was impressed. You seem to be especially particular about these things, so I'm sure I'd be happy with the Wheel Medic results.