Paralyzed cop suing Glock after his 3-year-old son shot him

Mark1647545493

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/25/paralyzed-cop-suing-glock-after-his-3-year-old-son-shot-him/

California’s Second District Court of Appeal said on Tuesday that a paralyzed Los Angeles police officer, who was shot by his 3-year-old son, could move forward with his lawsuit again gun manufacturer Glock.

Enrique Chavez’s lawsuit claimed that the Glock 21 had a light trigger and lacked a grip saftey, both of which could have prevented the shooting.

Los Angeles Judge Kevin Brazile dismissed Chavez’s case two years ago, saying that he had failed to show that an alternate gun design would have prevented the shooting. Brazile also said that a police department review of the handgun showed that the advantages outweighed the risk.

But earlier this week, the state appeals court ruled 3-0 that the suit could move forward, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. After reviewing evidence presented by Chavez’s lawyers, the court found that a grip safety “would minimize the risk of accidental discharge without undermining performance.”

In 2006, Chavez’s son accidentally shot him in the back after the off-duty officer forgot that he had left the loaded .45-caliber pistol under the front seat of this Ford Ranger. The child was not in a safety seat at the time.

So it's the gun markers full he was not responsible enough to firearm out of his kids reach?

I vote to remove Accountability from the American Dictionary. Or change it's definition to meaningless.

• Confused 1

I'm with ya... What about the judge that's letting it proceed?

You think the judge knows shit about guns?

This guy could have:

1. Bought another gun
  2. Responsibly stored the gun
  3. Left the gun unloaded
  4. Had a safety device/lock on the gun
  5. Not left the gun in his car
  6. Raised a kid with better aim or taught him to go for the head, eliminating these problems.

Sadly, with how gun ignorant and intolerant Cali is, I'm sure this will move on to more judges with their eyeballs so full of dicks that Glock will spend millions of dollars in legal fees and either

1. Pay the fucker a bunch of money
  2. Not pay the fucker a bunch of money, and lose money on legal fees
  3. Settle out of court and pay the fucker a bunch of money

Seriously, fuck this guy. This isn't as bad as the woman suing in the Aurora case but this was his own fucking fault. I hope Glock countersues and wins the case forcing the guys son to go to a juvenile detention center for 15 years. Real good parenting, dad.

This guy could have:

1. Bought another gun
  2. Responsibly stored the gun
  3. Left the gun unloaded
  4. Had a safety device/lock on the gun
  5. Not left the gun in his car
  6. Raised a kid with better aim or taught him to go for the head, eliminating these problems.

Sadly, with how gun ignorant and intolerant Cali is, I'm sure this will move on to more judges with their eyeballs so full of dicks that Glock will spend millions of dollars in legal fees and either

1. Pay the fucker a bunch of money
  2. Not pay the fucker a bunch of money, and lose money on legal fees
  3. Settle out of court and pay the fucker a bunch of money

Seriously, fuck this guy. This isn't as bad as the woman suing in the Aurora case but this was his own fucking fault. I hope Glock countersues and wins the case forcing the guys son to go to a juvenile detention center for 15 years. Real good parenting, dad.

Couldn't agree anymore. This guys is a piece of shit looking to get money out of a situation that never should have happened. If this guy is this stupid and not responsible enough to keep his firearm safe, how in the hell is/was he a cop.

Seriously, I hope he loses. Glocks have been the same Since the 80's, proper training that he should have acquired would have taught him how to keep his weapon safe and secured at all times. 110% his fault.

I expect the judge to have common sense and reason, not knowledge of guns (that would be a plus). I would like to know what the logic was the judge used that led him to the conclusion this lawsuit needs to move forward. Was the judge high on the ridiculously potent weed when this decision was made?

I hope Glock countersues and wins too

California sickens me along with the so called father. I think the father should have been charged with gross neglegence in this instance. I'd still laugh if it was a 1911 or a Beretta 92F in this case. Knowing this oxygen thief, he'd have the safety off anyways. I hope his manhood is no longer a functioning organ to reproduce.

Couldn't agree anymore. This guys is a piece of shit looking to get money out of a situation that never should have happened. If this guy is this stupid and not responsible enough to keep his firearm safe, how in the hell is/was he a cop.

Seriously, I hope he loses. Glocks have been the same Since the 80's, proper training that he should have acquired would have taught him how to keep his weapon safe and secured at all times. 110% his fault.

Being a cop means he should have had the proper training. If he has and he disregarded it then it is 100% his fault and he deserves to lose his job. If he didn't have the proper training, its his department's fault. But in the end its still has fault for being an adult and disregarding common sense. Also, he should lose his kid to child services for hauling him around without being in a car seat, let alone leaving a loaded gun where the kid can play with it.

Being a cop means he should have had the proper training. If he has and he disregarded it then it is 100% his fault and he deserves to lose his job. If he didn't have the proper training, its his department's fault. But in the end its still has fault for being an adult and disregarding common sense. Also, he should lose his kid to child services for hauling him around without being in a car seat, let alone leaving a loaded gun where the kid can play with it.

+1250984326

a cop of all people should know the laws pertaining to safely securing a child in a seat, not to mention the lacking of common sense and leaving a loaded gun in a place accessable to a child. i really hope glock tears him a new asshole, and that he goes to prison for child endangerment and gets his ass tore open again in there. too bad he probably won't feel any ass rippings though seeing as to how he is paralyzed.

Glock should counter sue for this Dick to pay all there court fees and for giving the Glock name a bad rep. 100% the so called "Dads" fault and no one else to blame. Its sad that the American Judicial system even lets these kind of cases get as far as they do.

This is what's wrong with the fucking world.

People want to come up with other reasons why they fail, or something went wrong, instead of reflecting on their own ignorance. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

It's not Glock's fault you gave a fucking gun to a 3 year-old, that was your first dumb move.

This is what's wrong with the fucking world.

People want to come up with other reasons why they fail, or something went wrong, instead of reflecting on their own ignorance. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

Amen, brother!