Hello from Marysville

mcdoggy2000

I have been in Ohio since Dec. 2006 due to job relocation from So Cal.

Used to own GSX-750R, VFR750 (pre V-tech) in So Cal, but sold when moved here because I did not know great twisties exist in SE Ohio.

Pick up '98 VTR1000 which is my first V-twin - now I want to try Ducati one day.

Married, three kids ride ATV(LT80) and 50's, wife rides XR100.

Enjoying SE Ohio twisties big time. My favorites are some section of 78, 555(newer paved section between Chesterville? to 78?), 556 and 536(Awesome twisties).

Enjoy riding with faster guys or more relaxed guys as long as letting me to enjoy my own pace at some section of the mountain.

Not so interested in 5 miles ride 5 hours talking......

Let me know if any group in Marysville, Delaware, Dublin, etc.

See you guys sooon.

Edited by mcdoggy2000

Hey there, Also from Marysville. Best "closest" ride here that I have found, is just head E on 36, pass by 257, (where the flashing lights are maybe 10miles from marysville) go over the river, then turn either left or right. Left is Warren road, Right is Klondike rd. Left can be pretty scenic all the way to Prospect, probably 15 miles or so. There is a pretty good ice cream place in Prospect. It's a good way to go if you have limited time. The names of the roads change a few times, but there is no real worry of getting lost as long as the river is on your left. (heading to prospect anyways)

If you head Right, down Klondike road, it will eventually turn into Riverside Drive, if you need to head to Columbus, Powell, or Dublin and aren't in a hurry. It's a much better experience then just heading down the freeway to get there.

Either way...be careful, while neither is the most demanding of roads, it is right by the river, there are a lot of trees, and limbs on the road are semi-common. I have seen many riders stop and kick them off to the side of the road as it is a common path for bikers around this area. Sping and fall can be pretty scenic around there too.

Have fun and Welcome!

Hey there, Also from Marysville. Best "closest" ride here that I have found, is just head E on 36, pass by 257, (where the flashing lights are maybe 10miles from marysville) go over the river, then turn either left or right. Left is Warren road, Right is Klondike rd. Left can be pretty scenic all the way to Prospect, probably 15 miles or so. There is a pretty good ice cream place in Prospect. It's a good way to go if you have limited time. The names of the roads change a few times, but there is no real worry of getting lost as long as the river is on your left. (heading to prospect anyways)

If you head Right, down Klondike road, it will eventually turn into Riverside Drive, if you need to head to Columbus, Powell, or Dublin and aren't in a hurry. It's a much better experience then just heading down the freeway to get there.

Either way...be careful, while neither is the most demanding of roads, it is right by the river, there are a lot of trees, and limbs on the road are semi-common. I have seen many riders stop and kick them off to the side of the road as it is a common path for bikers around this area. Sping and fall can be pretty scenic around there too.

Have fun and Welcome!

If you go left right there after the bridge, isn't that river road with the river on your left?

Also, after a hard rain, be careful, that road floods out in blind spots and it takes them a couple days go get signs up.

I remember one time my girlfriend and I were going up that road (she lived in Radnor) and we had to slam on the brakes, we came inches from a 12' water road block. It was very odd to see the water that high.

If you go left right there after the bridge, isn't that river road with the river on your left?

Kind of yeah, River rd is the name of the road when you cross Rt37. They are all the same direction, just changes names a few times.