Bike has to go to the shop, how do I get home?!?

danballa

Hey there,

I'm new around this site, not really sure where to put this, so I figured Columbus area would work. Basically, I had to take my bike to the shop to get the fork seals replaced last week. Luckily for me, I have a suburban and a couple different trailers to choose from, so it is not really a problem for me, but on the way home, it got me thinking. Not everyone has a truck, or a trailer, and there might be some people new to the area that don't really know anyone and need a lift sometime. Is there any place on these forums that has numbers or email addy of people willing to help out? Is it something that people would be interested in? Am I just being dumb, or took one too many meds and missed it?

It seems like a decent idea to me anyways. I remember a tire blow out, 45min from home, 20 miles from nearest shop (that was closed!) and no one I knew had a truck. That day just plain sucked.

Anyways, I figured I would post the idea, let others say if it's an acceptable idea, or if I just need to look harder on the site!

Have a great day!

I think that is a great idea.When i was at the redeo i signed up for a same kind of free program(i cant find my card right now) its for across the nation any where you break down. Its fellow bikers that sign up if you break down they try to find someone close that has also signed uo to come get you,store the bike, or help get it fixed. I try to find the card and post the info but as far as around columbus i think bikers helping fellow bikers is the way to go.hate to say i will always be there because we cant always say that but id be willing to lend a hand when i could when a fellow biker needed it. THATS IS WHAT MAKES US BETTER THEN THEM 4 WHEELERS

I think that is a great idea.When i was at the redeo i signed up for a same kind of free program(i cant find my card right now) its for across the nation any where you break down. Its fellow bikers that sign up if you break down they try to find someone close that has also signed uo to come get you,store the bike, or help get it fixed. I try to find the card and post the info but as far as around columbus i think bikers helping fellow bikers is the way to go.hate to say i will always be there because we cant always say that but id be willing to lend a hand when i could when a fellow biker needed it. THATS IS WHAT MAKES US BETTER THEN THEM 4 WHEELERS
It's called BAM I signed up for it at the easyriders show.... breakdown and legal assistance for Motorcycle riders... 1 800 4 BIKERS.... I would be willing to help any rider out there however I could....

Well you are in the Air force right? :D

Zing!

Kind of hard for anything to enter from the rear if my ass is planted in an office chair 24/7.

They dont call it the chair force for nothing and I'm certainly not typing this standing up!