No matter where I go in the world...

Mallard

I always run into Buckeye fans. I've seen them while in an alley at a cafe in Rome, I've run into them in Finland and Sweden. Sunday I shouted O-H- across at the baggage claim in Nagoya (his wife just smiled and laughed, he couldn't hear me), and today at breakfast in Omihaciman there's another. Buckeye fans rule the world.

GO BUCKS!

This happen to my friend and I on St. John as well. My buddy had his OSU hat on and the other group of guys on the "taxi" had OSU duffel bags. An awkward pause was followed by O-H from everyone at once lol. We ended up living a couple blocks away from each other on campus.

I used to spend a lot of time in the Charleston, SC area, and many of the people there are pretty sick of Buckeye fans. It seemed strange to me because Charleston is such a welcoming and gracious city. Talking with locals about it, it seemed that they really don't understand the boisterous sports enthusiasm.

Bumper stickers:

GO BUCKEYES! No, really, GO

GBTO

Go back to Ohio

Leave your daughters and go back to Ohio

This is from 2010:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oid=1946300

I suspect there's more Buckeye Fever in Japan than in parts of the U.S.

Edited by Doc

So Ohioans abroad are really as obnoxious as the Texans (everyw)here?

It seems that way. I'm all for cheering on your team and having a good time, but the last time the family was out for dinner at a nice restaurant there was a large group watching or keeping track of a game via cell phone. This table of 10 or so pretty much emptied the establishment with their constant screaming of O-H .. I-O all evening. The restaurant apologized as table after table left and they apologized for the group of screamers. I mean, sure if you are at a sports bar or something but this was a nice sit down restaurant with no TV's or anything.

I used to spend a lot of time in the Charleston, SC area, and many of the people there are pretty sick of Buckeye fans. It seemed strange to me because Charleston is such a welcoming and gracious city. Talking with locals about it, it seemed that they really don't understand the boisterous sports enthusiasm.

Bumper stickers:

GO BUCKEYES! No, really, GO

GBTO

Go back to Ohio

Leave your daughters and go back to Ohio

This is from 2010:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oid=1946300

I suspect there's more Buckeye Fever in Japan than in parts of the U.S.

A lot of it has to do with OSU's history with Clemson and they will never allow anyone to forget what Woody did. That and it's SEC country.

No matter where I go in the world, I've never met sports fans as annoying as buckeye fans.

I went down to Cabo a few years ago and some of the people I was with started yelling OH-IO in some small bar we went to. The bar tenders and everyone else were just like..."who are these obnoxious fucks?" Then of course some guy from Ohio came out of the woodwork and started talking to us. It's embarrassing to travel abroad with some Americans.

" I remember this time I was in ______ and these ______ fans of _______ team really were annoying"

Hate to break it to you but you can pretty much fill in the blanks with any team from any sport. What about Cowboy fans? Yankee fans? Red Wing fans? Laker Fans? Duke Fans?

" I remember this time I was in ______ and these ______ fans of _______ team really were annoying"

Hate to break it to you but you can pretty much fill in the blanks with any team from any sport. What about Cowboy fans? Yankee fans? Red Wing fans? Laker Fans? Duke Fans?

No you can't. No one is as annoying as buckeye fans. I have a friend who loves the buckeyes, but he hates the fans. He calls himself a buckeye supporter instead.

No you can't. No one is as annoying as buckeye fans.

Scoccer fans? Their sex toy horn things from the world cup? I have been at a bar when scoccer game was on. Nothing better than some drunks trying to sing and yell. Please explain to me how this is any different than a OSU fan...

Scoccer fans? Their sex toy horn things from the world cup? I have been at a bar when scoccer game was on. Nothing better than some drunks trying to sing and yell. Please explain to me how this is any different than a OSU fan...

osu fans (mostly just on campus) just riot and set shit on fire.... win or lose.

Well the horn you are referring to is called a vuvuzela, and that's not a soccer thing, it's a black South African thing, it's a traditional horn that they then started bringing to soccer games. It is a very annoying sound yes, and you and the world has only been introduced to it for the last 2 years, I grew up having to hear that shit.

Drunks singing and yelling is a part of most football sports (Football aka soccer, American Football, Rugby Football), and it's usually fun but can sometimes be annoying too, sure.

The problem with the OSU fan is their attitude. They don't realize that outside their little bubble that is central Ohio, people don't really give any fucks about Columbus, Ohio, OSU or their football team. They have their own sports teams that they like, but they typically aren't as arrogant and in your face about it as the typical buckeye fan. I have been around a lot of fans of different sports and different teams, never been annoyed by any of them, and I'm usually interested in what they have to say, with the exception for OSU fans.