Ferrari driver VS NYPD Cop

Das Borgen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally with the cop on this one. You don't walk out, see a cop writing a ticket and then attempt to drive away.

^ this. The cop is in the middle of writing you up. Want to have it mailed to you then engage the cop and insure he has all he needs before you act cocky and drive off.

IMO, the cop used body language and his position to put the punk in place and to prevent him from moving the car. Said punk thought he was bad ass and above the law and found out that otherwise.

The cop has the right to stand where the fuck he wants.

What is YOU were crossing the street- and this spoiled puck ran you over leaving from that spot. Are you at fault since you were "in his way" ?

Yes, if you step in front of a moving car you are a fucking moron.

Regardless the cop put himself int he position to have his foot injured (pussy). He then flew off the handle and threw the guy around. Can anyone guess who will be fixing that Ferrari? I'm going to say the NYPD. Why you ask? YouTube.

The car was parked.

Try again.

Correct, and when it was parked the cop wasn't in front of it, so he was SAFE. When the car starts moving, and cop gets in front of it, it is no longer PARKED, it is MOVING. He steps in front of a MOVING car.

I have highlighted your vocabulary words, please study them and then respond.

Correct, and when it was parked the cop wasn't in front of it, so he was SAFE. When the car starts moving, and cop gets in front of it, it is no longer PARKED, it is MOVING. He steps in front of a MOVING car.

from what I can tell in the video you are wrong

the guy gets in the car and starts the car

the cop steps in front of the car

the car then starts moving AFTER the cop has put himself in front

that's the order I see/hear

The cop repositions himself to be in the way of the car after it is moving. He does so before, but is not completely in the way, so he moves again once it is moving. It is also unnecessary. If he stayed OUT of the way, would he still have been able to administer the ticket? Most likely. If he wanted to ensure he gave the ticket to the driver, could he have stopped him before he got into his car? If the driver failed to stop and got in and drove away, could he have been arrested for fleeing the scene as well? Refusing to pull over? The situation was escalated due to the actions of both parties. As a police officer, he should be able to keep the upper hand without putting himself in that position.

The car starts moving at :17. The cop repositions his foot at :24.

from what I can tell in the video you are wrong

the guy gets in the car and starts the car

the cop steps in front of the car

the car then starts moving AFTER the cop has put himself in front

that's the order I see/hear

Agreed.

Normally Mensan argues the correct side, but in this case, I completely disagree with him.

Not sure how standing at the front corner of a car is putting foot under wheel...

He does do some interesting movements with his leg/foot, but overall, can't blame the cop in this case, IMO.

You would get laughed out of court if this was your argument.

Do you honestly thing D Wiggs cousin should get off here? Really?

Mensan.....the cop moved his foot the 2nd time at 00:24 i m sure because he was getting stepped on............his foot was ALREADY in the way at 00:14 when the car started moving at 00:17

watch it again

it's not a trivial affair and it is important sure but the fact of the matter is that the guy was ordered to stop after he initially got on the cop's foot and kept going

Mensan.....the cop moved his foot the 2nd time at 00:24 i m sure because he was getting stepped on............his foot was ALREADY in the way at 00:14 when the car started moving at 00:17

watch it again

it's not a trivial affair and it is important sure but the fact of the matter is that the guy was ordered to stop after he initially got on the cop's foot and kept going

^^ this. I just watched it again. Bottom line is the dude in the car continued to move even after being yelled at to stop by the officer. Courts won't like the fact that the guy didn't even acknowlege or seem to give a crap that there was a LEO writing him a ticket or positioned in the path of this vehicle but rather just kept going.

i dont agree with either side but the cop put his leg/ foot in front of the car, as soon as the guy started the engine. the guy started moving and the cop moved his foot out of the way. then the cop deliberately positioned his foot right under the tire, maybe thinking his foot would make a good wheel chock

i dont agree with either side but the cop put his leg/ foot in front of the car, as soon as the guy started the engine. the guy started moving and the cop moved his foot out of the way. then the cop deliberately positioned his foot right under the tire, maybe thinking his foot would make a good wheel chock

The point you are missing is, even if the cop did not move once fucking inch where where he initially was, the car would have has to hit him to get out of being parallel parked. Its not like there was a wide open pasture in-front of the guy and the cop lept in front of the car- the guy is PARALLEL PARKED in New York! He would have had to run over the cop, and run though a few Taxis to "escape" the situation.

The guy is a tard, plain and simple. Anyone that is arguing otherwise has to be trolling.

Regardless the cop put himself int he position to have his foot injured (pussy). He then flew off the handle and threw the guy around. Can anyone guess who will be fixing that Ferrari? I'm going to say the NYPD. Why you ask? YouTube.

The driver was a moron. Hope he gets some major jail time for being a pompous ass. But what dover said true, I can see that NYC will be buying this guy another Ferrari. The guy was in the wrong, but I saw the cop uses excessive force, he really didn't give a chance for the guy to get out of the car. He gave a verbal command and started pulling the guy out of the car right away. The guy could have argued that he was never given a chance to get out of his car. As soon as he got out, he was slammed on to his car and on to the ground. If the cops foot was ran over by a 3300lb 458, he would not be walking around afterwards.

Researching NY law and ensuring I don't say something stupid. As far as I understand it, if you are not under arrest or being detained, you are free to go about your business at any time.

On another forum, I read this regarding the specific video we are discussing:

Showed this to my squad today....interesting responses that ran the gamut...consensus was this guy MAY beat any charge the officers put on him.

Officer writing ticket never tells the guy NOT to get in the car, start it, or not to drive away. He puts himself in harms way by stepping into the path of the parked vehicle. I guess his mere presence and the act of writing a ticket was not enough to dissuade the owner from simply trying to comply with the parking violation by simply moving his vehicle.

Punching the window, while understandable, along with the language makes him appear unable to control his emotions. Once he was extracted, why was he left to lie in the street so long? Moving the cone was priceless...the car should have been towed and would have been in my jurisdiction. I would love to see the video taken by the guy behind the Ferrari standing in the middle of the street. Maybe that would explain why the bad guy was down like Frazier.

Guy his age who can afford that car, will have some lawyer chomping at the bit to extract some taxpayer money from the fine municipality of New York.

However, I'd like to make my opinion clear, the way the driver looks at the cop, then gets in the car while the cop does not want him to drive away, are both situations that I would EXPECT to give this situation the escalation we see. I don't think one is right and the other is wrong. I think the cop should have shown more restraint, and I think the driver of the Ferrari should have fought this ticket in court.

But interestingly enough, I guess in NY if you can drive away while a metermaid is writing your ticket, it's invalid. There are several case studies if you're interested; here's one:

http://nycourts.law.com/cpma/NYDOI.asp?CID=125462

Am I the only one who saw the picture of Stephanie Pratt and thought maybe she used to be Stephen Pratt? No hips at all, square jaw.... Not saying she is ugly at all, just that she has the body figure of a really skinny dude...

Am I the only one who saw the picture of Stephanie Pratt and thought maybe she used to be Stephen Pratt? No hips at all, square jaw.... Not saying she is ugly at all, just that she has the body figure of a really skinny dude...

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/7/13/a89a8002-57b1-4545-99bb-4644932fdf1a.jpg