WE JUST LANDED ON MARS BITCHES!!

mrs.cos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As did I! I'm a total science nerd, I would have given anything to be just a fly on the wall there. I hope this will restore faith in our gov and people that NASA can do amazing things and with the funding anything is possible. The kids will grow up again wanting to be astronauts, scientists, etc.

so they spend 500 billion to take pictures of arizona?

http://www.knowledgeorb.com/2012/07/mars-science-lab-curiosity-worth-cost/

So far the rover has cost $2.5 billion...

NASA has a yearly budget of approximately 17.7 billion dollars. Therefore MSL represents about 15% of one years budget. In comparison the James Webb Telescope will run about $8.7 billion and the new Space Launch System is estimated to run $41 billion. The cost to each U.S. citizen for the Mars Rover is about $8 each, about the same cost as a meal at McDonald’s.

The total NASA budget is so small when compared to other government agencies it is at times amazing such good missions are still possible. NASA represents about 0.5% of the total U.S. Government spending.

There are many other goverment programs that should be cut before NASA, in my opinion.

just the technology and logistics hurdles of this mission were amazing, I am glad they pulled it off and the fact that its a size of a car is impressive in itself. Its good to see NASA and JPL are still keeping busy, and I wish I could be the guy doing the driving for Curiosity