TUNED - Electric Delorean

Rally Pat

so they actually still sell them new built from parts they have in a warehouse?

Yep. And you can get them with different performance packages and engines too, which is nice considering the stock engines were gutless

Yep. And you can get them with different performance packages and engines too, which is nice considering the stock engines were gutless

Yeah, 130hp was not enough for that car. There are a few out there that have had the Euro-spec 150hp motor fitted, and a few more that got the Eagle Premier version of the PRV installed by owners. I've seen one with an Alpine GTA Turbo motor installed...280hp moved it out pretty well.

years ago, my wife used to pick parts at their warehouse here in Columbus before they shut it down. it was cool as hell, there were 5 complete cars, and dozens in various stages on completion in the warehouse. i could have built one in a couple weeks by hand.

they shipped the entire warehouse down to TX about 8-10 years ago

Neat car and the warehouse of spare parts is crazy cool. I loved when they were talking about the front fenders and the difference in pricing...supply and demand obvious at work!!! The Delorean is a neat looking car but it was very weak in the horsepower and performance department. I always thought the Delorean robbed some styling from the Bricklin SV-1.

Yeah, 130hp was not enough for that car. There are a few out there that have had the Euro-spec 150hp motor fitted, and a few more that got the Eagle Premier version of the PRV installed by owners. I've seen one with an Alpine GTA Turbo motor installed...280hp moved it out pretty well.

The PRV motor was actually crazy durable and very reliable.

As you probably know, they have been turbocharged to varying degrees with enormous success.

(We've had at least 3-4 premiers in our family)