Galaxy sIII best android out?

Sturg1647545502

light and solid feeling?

Yep. (IIRC) it was Aaron that has one with a case and it was still lighter than my iPhone bar like 1/2. Little big for me to want to carry but then it's just so damn light. LTE too. I could see it causing me to switch at some point. Especially upon my next upgrade.

It's the best phone until the next best phone comes out. So either get it now and be happy or wait for something else and be equally as happy

+100

There is no winning the game.

Speaking as someone who generally buys whatever the latest and greatest phone is at the time.

6 months later you are back where you were...:yuno:

Wanting the latest one!

Well, Apple's pissing all over themselves in the court testimony saying how Samsung copied everything in the Galaxy from them including how their employees invented breathing air so it must be the best...

Apple. Invent.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/180/fuckthat.jpg

It's the best phone until the next best phone comes out. So either get it now and be happy or wait for something else and be equally as happy

thats pretty much how it always is..

Im upgrading from a laggy evo so anything will be faster. Plus im really looking forward to ICS.

It's between the S3 and the Nexus. The S3 has a higher MP camera, larger battery, quad core CPU, so it has better specs than the 8 month old nexus, but the nexus you can get for free now of verizon which is awesome, and it runs jelly bean, it has vanilla android so you don't have to deal with the TouchWiz skin. Also the S3 still has a button on the front, it's 2012, phones don't need buttons anymore.

http://www.autoomobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-nexus/100852/

I switched from the Iphone to the Gs3 and i do not regret it. battery life for me isnt as great at my iphone. I just have to learn to turn GPS and blue tooth off. with my iphone I could leave everything on and still have 50% battery life by the time I went to plug it in. the GS3 if I leave everything on its dead in 5-7 hours.

It's between the S3 and the Nexus. The S3 has a higher MP camera, larger battery, quad core CPU, so it has better specs than the 8 month old nexus, but the nexus you can get for free now of verizon which is awesome, and it runs jelly bean, it has vanilla android so you don't have to deal with the TouchWiz skin. Also the S3 still has a button on the front, it's 2012, phones don't need buttons anymore.

http://www.autoomobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-nexus/100852/

Nexus is old news brah. Beyond obsolete. Silly to buy one at this point.

Are you staying with Sprint? Their version on the One X is the Evo 4G LTE. Copperhead has one. It's nice, but I prefer the design of the OEM One X to the Evo 4G Epic TouchPro2 LTE 3D Dual Core. I have never been a fan of Samsung's build quality. The hardware is pretty much identical between the GS3 and One X. Also, the US Spec Galaxy S3 has a dual core processor, not quadcore.

FWIW AT&T's One X is on sale for $99 on contract, half the price of Sprint's One X, and half the price of the GS3 anywhere. And you'll get superior service.

Nexus is old news brah. Beyond obsolete. Silly to buy one at this point.

:dumb:

Old news yes, obsolete? The flagship android phone that's nearly identical to the US carrier branded S3 with newer OS is far from obsolete. Still the best phone you can buy as far as I, and many others are concerned.

Buy this S3, switch to AT&T or T-Mo and get a cheap month-month plan.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-android-smartphone-marble-white-unlocked-232311/

Quad core goodness + no expensive contract

Old news yes, obsolete? The flagship android phone that's nearly identical to the US carrier branded S3 with newer OS is far from obsolete. Still the best phone you can buy as far as I, and many others are concerned.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-android-smartphone-marble-white-unlocked-232311/

I have the S3, it does NOT have the quad core, they only released that version over seas. The US version dropped the quad core for the LTE. IMO it really does not matter anyway, it's a super fast phone. I was in the same situation, upgrading from a 2 yr old laggy terrible battery life evo.

Edit: I should note after looking at the one you posted, that does have the quad core but you lose LTE.

and if he gets a Sprint Galaxy Nexus then he will have to deal with fucked up antenna's and battery life

I REALLY like my Evo LTE.

Wirefly has the SGIII for $180 and Evo LTE for $150. Either would be excellent. My last phone was an OG Evo and I rooted and ROMd it, but this thing I'm not even worried about rooting because its just that good. Only thing I miss is AdFree.

I looked at the SIII and the HTC One when I got my phone. They both are pretty close but the SIII has a battery that can be replaced and has an SD card for expandable memory.

That is what sold me on it. Overall I am very happy with the phone, granted I don't get all crazy rooting, poking, stroking, or modding it. Box stock it is much better than my wife's iPhone.