where to eat in indianapolis?

I'm not normally a chain person, but The Weber Grill downtown. I love their food, and the atmosphere the bar area is very classy. I could see myself there watching the Olympics at night pounding down some good food and beer.

When I go to Indy I always eat at Charleston's. I make a point to eat there first when I get there and try my best to stop there on my way out. They have regular food like killer burgers to prime rib. Price is fair I think. Two people eating runs around $50 out the door depending on what you order as far as appitizer, entre, desert and more if you like to drink more the soda. It's located on 82nd st at 37/69. Killer atmosphere and thier potato soup my favorite. All this talk about the place makes me want to drive there and get some grub.

Are you rolling into downtown?

Rathskeller, Weber Grill, La Bamba, Sushi on the Rocks, Mikado, Palaminos....

That's our rotation when we head into the city. If I was over at DFAS or teleworking I'd be happy to meet you -- but I'm stuck down @ MUTC for our end-of-the-year-budgeting-fiasco

If you don't mind spending a good chunk of change, I've heard great things about St. Elmos steak house in down town indy.

Also interested in more places to eat as I'll be there again in December.

Been to St. Elmo's a couple of times. If you like spicy shrimp cocktail, you must get it from there. Also the steaks are absolutely amazing.

It is not cheap, similar to eating at Smith and Wollenskys, Hyde Park, etc....

Are you rolling into downtown?

Rathskeller, Weber Grill, La Bamba, Sushi on the Rocks, Mikado, Palaminos....

That's our rotation when we head into the city. If I was over at DFAS or teleworking I'd be happy to meet you -- but I'm stuck down @ MUTC for our end-of-the-year-budgeting-fiasco

Rathskeller is great, st elmos too. Weber was okay, not as good of steak as st elmo. Fogo De Chao as well.

Another Indy only place to try is Shula's, especially if you like large cuts of meat. I personally attacked one of their 48oz porterhouse steaks, haha.

And if you really like Prime Rib, the place to go is Bynum’s Steakhouse

Rathskellar is good. I like RAM (brewhouse, its a chain though). I went to webber once and was severely disappointed. St. Elmos is good if you can drop the coin. Shulas is good as well and they have a mean crab mac and cheese.

What day you coming into town?

If you want a mom and pop place

There is a diner in greenwood called 'Four Seasons' its awesome. They have a daily soup if you can get the lemon rice on Saturday's its pretty good. Have fantastic Gyros

If you have to choose one, check out St. Elmos. I'm a fan of Fogo de Chao as well, but go hungry to get your moneys worth. If you're downtown for a few meals then you should also check out the RAM and Rathskellar. There are also several micro-breweries to grab a beer if you have the time.

We ended up at Weber Grill, it was good food, good environment, and good service. We also hit up a comedy show at Crackers (basically a Funny Bone). Decent show, but i felt bad because only half the house was filled...lol.

Tom

Im sorry you chose Weber. :(