Cop gets shot in the face...

phil

WOW! Very sad and I must say I didn't expect that. I'm not sure thought but to me for all the people in that car if they have secured them in cuffs and given the "potential" for something bad occurring it just seemed like he opened the door for the guy without any precaution while doing so :confused:

I don't know procedures or police details but it just seemed like his gaurd was way down. Even the back up officer seemed that way. I mean the moment a shot was fired wouldn't he have drawn his gun and gone after the bad guy?

The article says the dirt bag was wounded....cop should have killed him point blank. Again, don't know the details, but I'm a little confused by why they let him live. IMO they could easily have gotten away with multiple shots into his head.

WOW! Very sad and I must say I didn't expect that. I'm not sure thought but to me for all the people in that car if they have secured them in cuffs and given the "potential" for something bad occurring it just seemed like he opened the door for the guy without any precaution while doing so :confused:

I don't know procedures or police details but it just seemed like his gaurd was way down. Even the back up officer seemed that way. I mean the moment a shot was fired wouldn't he have drawn his gun and gone after the bad guy?

The article says the dirt bag was wounded....cop should have killed him point blank. Again, don't know the details, but I'm a little confused by why they let him live. IMO they could easily have gotten away with multiple shots into his head.

You have to understand Tim, there is procedure for everything but with time on a job comes complacency. And these officers were under the impression it was a normal traffic stop like the thousands they had done before. And because they didn't return fire is due to the lack of training most police officers receive in real threat situations like this. You may have the training to fire your weapon but when shots are fired and you are in fear for your life there are only so many individuals who can make sense of the situation, remain calm, and return fire or revert back to training. This is a sad instance where complacency got the best of these officers. May god not have mercy on Jerry Lard, and let this be an initiating factor in police training to focus on the unknowing threat.

You have to understand Tim, there is procedure for everything but with time on a job comes complacency. And these officers were under the impression it was a normal traffic stop like the thousands they had done before. And because they didn't return fire is due to the lack of training most police officers receive in real threat situations like this. You may have the training to fire your weapon but when shots are fired and you are in fear for your life there are only so many individuals who can make sense of the situation, remain calm, and return fire or revert back to training. This is a sad instance where complacency got the best of these officers. May god not have mercy on Jerry Lard, and let this be an initiating factor in police training to focus on the unknowing threat.

This plus 1000000

I had a close call at a local range when a woman did not hear the call for a no fire. I was down range fixing a target when she shot her target 10 feet away, scared the hell out of my and i ducked and ran to the closest cover. Sometimes I wonder if I ever got in a situation where I had to draw on someone if I could make sense of it and actually draw.

He needs shot in the face for the death penalty so he can feel, if only for a second, before he dies what he did to that officer. Worthless asshole!

Not worthy of this.

Start by blowing his dick off piece by piece with a .22 and gradually make him suffer. Hoping their version of the death penalty is not to sit on death row for 30 years watching cable.

He needs shot in the face for the death penalty so he can feel, if only for a second, before he dies what he did to that officer. Worthless asshole!

Was just talking to someone about this the other day. If we did penalties "an eye for an eye" style, I guaran-damn-tee you our crime rates would go way down!

I don't know procedures or police details but it just seemed like his gaurd was way down.

It's because 90% of the time when nothing happens and police are on edge they get bitched at. And cops don't want to be the "bad" guy so they take it easy. I fucking hate people like that.

But were there two cops there? I don't see why neither of them shot back. It seemed like they were just kind of running around.

It's because 90% of the time when nothing happens and police are on edge they get bitched at. And cops don't want to be the "bad" guy so they take it easy. I fucking hate people like that.

But were there two cops there? I don't see why neither of them shot back. It seemed like they were just kind of running around.

I was slightly confused about what was going on til I read further. The guy who shot the cop is the same guy that comes around at the end of the video. The two cops were the only two there. The one falling an stumbling was the same cop who was shot.