2003 Subaru WRX wagon

STEVE-O

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? If cleaning it with CRC MAF sensor cleaner doesn't work, you probably would need new maf sensor.

Picked up some cleaner but haven't pulled it off yet. That is on the list of things to do tonight though. I am leaving Thursday for vacation and would really like to sell this before i leave

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? If cleaning it with CRC MAF sensor cleaner doesn't work, you probably would need new maf sensor.

Cleaned the maf.. runs the same. I don't really feel like messing with trying to get it to run perfect anymore really just want to get rid of it. Good deal for anyone who likes tjese card and could fix it easily probably and have a nice little dd

what if the miss is a early sign of catastrophic engine failure and the new owner has to replace the whole engine?

Then 4750+1500= 6250 and kbb last I checked was 7300 so your still 1000 under book value???? And like said its a used car you assume that risk with any used car bit that is also why i have pricd it the way I have. If i was not truthful I would be haggling for a lot more cash

what if the miss is a early sign of catastrophic engine failure and the new owner has to replace the whole engine?

Not likely with a miss fire. My guess it is an injector. That is what is sounds like if it isn't the Maf sensor. Easy fix and wrx injectors are a dime a dozen. If the injectors still good, then then check the coil pack.

And to the OP

Trade for a 05 TSX + cash from you? lol Just throwing it out there.

Not sure if you could tune the stock ecu without a standalone or something. Like i said im not a subaru giu and would really loke to just move on. If someone can fix it and smooth it out they would have a good awd daily.

As a previous 03 owner and a subaru tuner I'd suggest checking the wiring to the maf or even swapping another maf in. You can also pull the maf and let the car run in SD mode. Don' tbeat on it like this but its good for troubleshooting.

If the car is missing the check engine light should flash btw.

Also @ that milage I'd look into the coils going out or even a bad spark plug.

To anyone interested in this car, you could pick up a junkyard ej22e with sub 100K for 200-300$ and slap the ej205 heads on it and go. leave it on the stock bo and get more miles out of the car.

02/03 ecus are pretty sweet because of the open source carberry rom.

As a previous 03 owner and a subaru tuner I'd suggest checking the wiring to the maf or even swapping another maf in. You can also pull the maf and let the car run in SD mode. Don' tbeat on it like this but its good for troubleshooting.

If the car is missing the check engine light should flash btw.

Also @ that milage I'd look into the coils going out or even a bad spark plug.

To anyone interested in this car, you could pick up a junkyard ej22e with sub 100K for 200-300$ and slap the ej205 heads on it and go. leave it on the stock bo and get more miles out of the car.

02/03 ecus are pretty sweet because of the open source carberry rom.

I put new plugs in it. The cel light will flash but not all the time. Swapped coils between cyl 4 and 3 and the code did not follow. Like I said I ahve other things going on right now and dont wish to try and fix this issue. My loss could be your gain. Ileave tonight for N.C But will post more pics when I return or I can send them to your phone if anyone wishes. My number is (614) 735-9361

this is temping, but I would get that miss fixed. If the codes didn't follow when you swapped coil packs and stayed in same cylinder, then I would guess it is an injector sticking from time to time. It is really easy to take out that injector, either clean it your self or borrow another wrx injector from someone. They are everywhere. I guess an ultrasonic Jewlery cleaner works also.