Bicyclist shot ...

sol740

good luck justifying that as life threatening.

Doesn't have to be. If somebody swings on me like said in the video they're getting shot in the face with zero fucks given to them or their entire family.

The guy in the video has witnesses of being innocent and getting pounded on before shooting. He's not guilty.

Sounds like a justified shooting to me. Hell, you have a witness that said in her own words the biker was "pounding on the guy" and that upwards of seven blows were thrown. That's not something I would sit around and take either. IMO he did the right thing by NOT getting out of his truck and fighting.

If he's smart all he should have said is "get my lawyer" and if anything else, that he was in fear for his life and just wanted the attacker to stop.

Perhaps as stories like this get out dumb asses will "think" about what they are about to do before they do it. I would imagine the look on his face was a lot like Tra. Martin.

Automatically assumed when the bicyclist attacked the driver inside of his car. Your car and immediate family's car is covered by the Ohio Castle Doctorine. I didn't see why the guy was even in custody.

Edit: N/M this crap happened in Michigan so n/m. Laws could be different. This is why there is a need for a castle doctrine.

Edited by 1fastSTI

I'll just add this that in today's world, especially with the prevelence of CCW's in many states, the days of simply being a billy bad ass come with much higher risks than ever before.

If you have the balls to instigate a fight or in this case, a down right attack on someone, the chances of a gun being produced are very high so unless you're dumb or willing to die for the argument you're creating, you best stay put and let it go.

This is exactly what the the guy in the Russian video could have done. In that case the guy who came at him with the pipe owns his life to the mercy bestowed upon him that day. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106305 In both cases, I would have likely truly been freaked out and shot them too. Thankfully I've never pulled a gun on anyone while in my car but I've never been attacked like that either.

I would have shot that bitch and then picked up his stupid ass bike and slammed it on top of him. Then I would just walk away with my hands in the air like WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Seriously though. Why do cyclists have such attitudes? I have had so many of those mean fuckers flip me off and yell at me just for driving around their slow asses. Holding up traffic and shit.

In Ohio the castle doctrine also applies to vehicles. The moment they enter your vehicle, whether it be an arm, a foot, or head just through the window, you are justified in protecting yourself.

edit, frank beat me to it.

In Ohio the castle doctrine also applies to vehicles. The moment they enter your vehicle, whether it be an arm, a foot, or head just through the window, you are justified in protecting yourself.

Not Ohio, it is in the state up north. I made the same mistake. LOL

This. To justify the use of lethal force(legally), lethal force has to be intended/used against you. The biggest thing the shooter has going for him is that he was in his truck and the hipster 'entered' it.

This. To justify the use of lethal force(legally), lethal force has to be intended/used against you. The biggest thing the shooter has going for him is that he was in his truck and the hipster 'entered' it.

Name: Craig

Vehicles: 2005 F150 King Ranch

Hardly.

Michigan does have the same Castle Doctrine that Ohio does. That means if someone gets in your car, comes in your house, etc. you have the right to defend yourself.

If someone comes in my car door/window punching me repeatedly I'd have no problem in defending myself.