I don't eat veggies but would like to.

thorne

I'm a huge meat-eater but my ex is vegetarian so I learned to cook a lot of stuff we'd both eat. My current gf also digs on veggies a lot so I get a lot of good ideas from her. And of course, who would I be to forget to thank my mom for some excellent veggie cooking tips.

Corn:

put that shit right on the grill without shucking, or shuck it and boil it. Either way, butter and salt that shit!

Broccoli:

I fucking hated broccoli until my mom got a grill basket, which is exactly what it sounds like. Somewhat thick metal basket with some holes in it to let juices drip out and flame directly cook. In a mixing bowl, toss broccoli with some olive oil, a little salt, some finely chopped garlic (a little goes a long way) and some ground black pepper. Then directly on the grill, tossing a couple times until you see the edges start to blacken. It's the only way I'll eat broccoli.

Asparagus:

While very very good sauteed, I prefer it done the way I like my broccoli. Same method, just use regular salt, garlic, black pepper, and olive oil. I like to put it in a ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight before grilling. Place it directly on the grill, no need for a grill basket.

Mushrooms:

Not a veggie but a delicious fungus. My current GF stuffs them with garlic, cottage cheese, mozzerella, with salt+pepper+cayenne+italian seasoning, then bakes them. I like stir-fried mushrooms, and grilled portobello. all deeelish.

Brussel Sprouts:

Fuck brussel sprouts.

Cucumber:

Thin-sliced, with a dash of salt and little red wine vinegar and you have yourself an incredibly delicious, healthy snack. If you don't like vinegar, I find them delicious with just salt or even plain. Either way, they're mostly water and a good way to get into eating veggies.

Other ideas:

Cambell's Creamy Chicken & Dumplings soup has a good amount of veggies in it for someone not used to eating them. Cream-based sauce dulls the flavor, and its pretty good.

Chili is a GREAT way to get some veggies in you. My uncle makes his chili with beets in it. He cooks it so long the beets basically absorb the flavor of the meat and actually have a similar texture (to 16-hour stewed meat). You can put pretty much anything into chili and it'll end up absorbing the flavor of meat, so it's a great way to have some onions, peppers, corn, beans, etc.

Stuffed peppers. Getting a little more adventurous here, as peppers tend to be more flavorful, but as someone who took a LONG time to love the flavor of a chile relleno, I can say this is the best way to enjoy non-spicy peppers.

Also, use bacon. Everything tastes better with bacon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some fresh green beans

Clip both ends

get a deep skillet and put in just enough water to cover the green beans

bring to a boil and let cook until green beans turn a bright green

drain water

Put back on burner on low

Add salt, pepper, minced garlic and about 2 tbl of butter

fry till the butter is almost completely fried off the pan and absorbed on the green beans

Forgot about edamame. Get some frozen edamame (soy beans), microwave, salt the fuck out of them, and pop them out of the pods and chow down. Very healthy, relatively flavorless (other than the salt) and a good texture. Its a legume, not a veggie, but goes well with other veggies and gets you used to eating colorful things.

How do you guys NOT like eating your veggies?

My all time FAVE is green beans. I love them so much I even eat them frozen.

No shit, I read alot of this like WTF. What does your normal diet consit of? processed food or "meat"? Everytime I go to friends house and I grab a beer or drink , im always nosey to see what they eat lol.

The V8 Fusion drinks are really good and have fruits and veggies. But my real suggestion is to just imagine the vegitables as tiny little penises and I'm sure you'll have no problem putting them down your throat. :D

:lolguy: