Need a Carpenter or Experienced DIYer - Basic Stairway Handrail/Pickets

twistedfocus1647545489

I need to have this closed in with pickets and an end post or something that looks halfway decent and is to code. I have none of the tools or patience to deal with it and may be hiring someone off CL soon but thought I'd throw it out here first.

The buyers of my house have an FHA loan and this is an unprecedented safety hazard apparently. Surely any child that walks into this house will be instantly killed by the lack of railing on 6 fucking steps.

:fuuuu:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/15D96EC7-2DFD-4340-978B-737400C20259-31162-0000017722B5BC37.jpg?t=1347084201

I'm looking to have this done in the next few days and am willing to pay a reasonable amount for this job, which I realize is probably pretty simple if you're equipped to tackle it.

The petty ass way the inspection was handled makes me pretty sure I'll burn this motherfucker down before I build them a goddamn thing with my own hands.

If you don't actually want a rail there, I think you can go in, make one out of 2x4s, get it inspected, then just tear it down when you move in.

I have heard of people doing that, and aparently so have the buyers. It has to be approved by them.

:fuuuu:

Jason, my dad does all of the above and is very reasonable. I just left him a VM.

Awesome. Thanks.

I looked at the supplies to do this today and it looks like its only about $100 in materials. I may take a crack at it myself if no one else can make my retarded Monday deadline.

i just talked to my uncle (part owner in stair company) says cheap/sturdy/to code would be like 300$, how he would do it in his house 400$.

This has to be done tomorrow?

That could work. Has to be done tomorrow or Monday. I assume that's materials included?

Talked to Ramsey's uncle earlier and he's in for Sunday. Turns out the buyers are still jerking us around over some shit their inspector was dead wrong about. They're fucking killing me.

His uncle can only do it tomorrow, so if I can't get these dirty fucks straightened out by then I'll contact Anthony's dad ASAP.

Thanks alot guys.

I hate to say it, but they won't buy the house. They are the type of buyers that you will end up finding out later on they did the same shit to 5 different owners.

I hope not but I'm starting to think the same.

Their shitty house across town that's supposedly in closing had a for sale sign in the yard that still said For Sale but they pulled it out of the ground. I'm getting really cold feet for a lengthy list of reasons.

Unless they're offering (or beating) your asking price, or you're under pressure to sell, there's nothing wrong with giving them the finger and saying "Screw it, I'm not selling to you." Just because it's a "buyer's market" doesn't mean the buyer can do anything they like.

For various reasons (good ones) I'm pressured to sell. I've been through so much I'm about to be homeless if it does finally close, and there have been endless attempts at randomly gouging the fuck out of our already shameful deal. I actually suspect their comically retarded inspector is related to them.

I'm dealing with shameless trash for sure.

The Buyers finally accepted our Inspection Repair Request counter-offer just in time for Ramsey's uncle to come by.

In just a couple of hours he knocked out top quality work, including custom making a post cap because the front post he brought was mis-labeled and slightly different than he planned. All of this was done at a price we were happy to pay. I'm completetly satisifed with how it turned out. I'm in the middle of paint coat #2 but here it is unpainted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/C3216D38-528B-4DF2-AB9B-2B80B0BF8B58-51700-0000026E95B6F1F8.jpg?t=1347280552

Thanks again Ramsey and Anthony for hooking up last-minute support.

Edited by twistedfocus
Spelling

The Buyers finally accepted our Inspection Repair Request counter-offer just in time for Ramsey's uncles to come by.

In just a couple of hours he knocked out top quality work, including custom making a post cap because the he brought was mis-labeled and slightly different than he planned. All of this was done at a price we were happy to pay. I'm completetly satisifed with how it turned out. I'm in the middle of paint coat #2 but here it is unpainted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/C3216D38-528B-4DF2-AB9B-2B80B0BF8B58-51700-0000026E95B6F1F8.jpg?t=1347280552

Thanks again Ramsey and Anthony for hooking up last-minute support.

Awesome, glad everything went great.