LEO/First Responder Form

mrs.cos

Because

LEO/First Responder Form

For Law Enforcement Officer-First Responder

I have been advised that in all incidents it is to my best interest to speak to my attorney before issuing any statements, and at this moment I am unequivocally asserting my right to remain silent and right to have an attorney present.

My attorney is ___________________________Phone __________________

This will provide you personal information that will assist you in your report.

My name is _________________________________DOB_________________

Address_______________________________________________________________

S.S. ________________________ Phone ________________________

Drivers License ____________________________exp______________

________(state) CCW Permit _____________exp_______________

If hurt or arrested - person to contact: _____________________ phone_______________

If stolen, the gun I carry: make_________________________ serial # ________________

**added to beginning for others to see first time they open**

So the teacher of our class made a few things very clear, and while they may have been brought up here, i didnt see them.

The police can NEVER help you in court. Nothing you say to them will EVER help you. Anything a police officer may say to help you in court is considered hearsay.

It is in YOUR best intrest to say nothing at all.

No Words. Period. Same thing when calling 911. Answer the phone state your name and address and what you are wearing and that you armed and protected and set the phone done (dont hang up) talking to 911 is the police as well. He said to then call your lawyer and answer him/her in only "mmmhmm"."uhuhh"

Edited by damreds

Being quiet is good advice. Mr. Ayoob recommends a slightly different strategy.

1. Point out Perpetrator to Police

2. Tell Police you will "Sign the Complaint"

3. Point out the Evidence to Police

4. Point out Witnesses to Police

5. Will Give Full Cooperation in 24 Hours After Speaking with Attorney

I think the point being to make sure you are listed as the victim in the police report, and the other party the perp/attacker. I remember a great video of a Harvard lawyer making an awesome argument for never saying a word beyond asking for your attorney, and how the 5th amendment has been misconstrued as a safehaven for the guilty.

So the teacher of our class made a few things very clear, and while they may have been brought up here, i didnt see them.

The police can NEVER help you in court. Nothing you say to them will EVER help you. Anything a police officer may say to help you in court is considered hearsay.

It is in YOUR best intrest to say nothing at all.

No Words. Period. Same thing when calling 911. Answer the phone state your name and address and what you are wearing and that you armed and protected and set the phone done (dont hang up) talking to 911 is the police as well. He said to then call your lawyer and answer him/her in only "mmmhmm"."uhuhh"

Right but this is even coming from the victims point of view, which most people done realize (I, was among those until saturday)

I disagree, but whatevs.

I bet dude in the video will call and speak to a police officer if his Porsche gets stolen and his insurance company needs a police report.

the video you posted has to do with all contacts with police.

the only thing that kept George Zimmerman out of jail initially was his cooperation and speaking with police. he was only arrested when prosecutors/media got involved.

In any situation where a gun is discharged resulting in the injury or death of someone else, you will be put into a car and/or taken to the station.

The Zimmerman case is from an inexperienced officer.

you think one officer made a decision on a homicide?

They didn't detain because of probable cause.

That's FL, this is OH.

Shooting at Dayton Gas Station, 2 suspects approached car and tried to rob and beat the man. He had a Glock 36, turned and shot one twice. Got in the car, drove away and called 911.

When cops arrived he came back, and was detained for the night. After reviewing video evidence, he was released b/c of self defense.

That's FL, this is OH.

Shooting at Dayton Gas Station, 2 suspects approached car and tried to rob and beat the man. He had a Glock 36, turned and shot one twice. Got in the car, drove away and called 911.

When cops arrived he came back, and was detained for the night. After reviewing video evidence, he was released b/c of self defense.

He handled the situation wrong.

Retreat is prior to pullin your gun.

Why did he leave the scene? Was the other perp still there?

How?

You can't always stay around a dangerous area after a shooting, sometimes you may need to leave because the scene is still hostile or dangerous, for multiple reasons. Possibly more attackers, maybe gang members are involved(sitting around waiting for more bad guys to show up is not a good idea)

Put yourself in his shoes, if two men walk up to your vehicle, start beating on you and try to rob you, fight or flight kicks in. How easy is it to retreat?

How easy is it to pull your weapon and fight?

Every situation will differ from person to person, I'd like to see more info on this case if possible.

Lets see, I am going to turn my back on the attackers, try to get in my car and drive away. While in the process, I could get rushed, jumped, ambushed, they could have block the path to my car if my fuel door is on the passenger side. I think my life would be safer if I would have pulled out my gun and shot both attackers get in my car leave to a safe area till the cops get there since I don't know if the robbers have friends or what not.

That's FL, this is OH.

This is why you say you are having chest pains and need to go to the hospital. Avoid being held in a cell overnight.

Is this the video in question about the Dayton shooting?

Guy did what he had to do and got out of a 2 on 1 situation, called and reported it immediately which shows HE was the victim, then complied with LEO in every way. How is that the WRONG way to handle the situation?

Is this the video in question about the Dayton shooting?<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Guy did what he had to do and got out of a 2 on 1 situation, called and reported it immediately which shows HE was the victim, then complied with LEO in every way. How is that the WRONG way to handle the situation?

That is the video.

The news had raw video, but have since removed it from their database online.

Man was trying to get into his car and leave, and the suspects were pulling him out, we was able to get his gun in the center console, turn and pull 2 rounds off.

Duty to retreat only goes so far when you can retreat. If you're presented with a threat, and cant move then that goes out the window

In the Zimmerman case his 911 call, and statements were called into question as possible support of harassing or possibly stalking Mr. Martin. He keeps his mouth shut, let's his lawyer do the talking, and documents his inuries, maybe it's less of a shitstorm, maybe it isn't. Believe the professor, police officer, Mr. Ayoob or don't. Better than that, talk to your lawyer and have a plan ready.