How's AT&T cell service these days?

Putty

It's horrible downtown. You're still in Marconi correct? You will barely be able to get any data here after 11am, have to walk over by the railroad tracks to take a call so that you don't risk it dropping.

I really have no issues with their service anywhere other then when I'm at work, but it's horrible down here for no particular reason.

Can't speak to LTE as I have an iPhone 4, but I don't really have an issues anywhere in town that I go to regularly. It can really drop down signal wise when you're in doors, but thats a GSM issue, not an AT&T issue. CDMA penetrates things better than GSM. Dropped calls, for me anyway, are rare.

It's horrible downtown. You're still in Marconi correct? You will barely be able to get any data here after 11am, have to walk over by the railroad tracks to take a call so that you don't risk it dropping.

I really have no issues with their service anywhere other then when I'm at work, but it's horrible down here for no particular reason.

That's odd considering we have repeaters for all the carriers in the building. I'll have the ATT one checked out. Thanks!

Why not wait until Verizon sells the iPhone 5?

It's cheaper to port to ATT, pay ETF on Verizon and pay $299 than to pay $699 for it on Verizon. I'm not carrier loyal nor do I care about verizon to verizon as far as minutes. I hardly talk on phone.

This will be my first LTE device. Who has the better network?

Well AT&T and Verizon have an LTE network if what I have read is correct. No experience with AT&T but on Verizon it is fast. When I browse website and youtube I feel like I am on a cable modem. Downloading files as well like roms for my android are quick. Even with 300+MB downloads. My friend has sprint and I have used his android 4g phones and they are not that quick. Quicker then 3G but not as fast as LTE. The 3G is slower then Verizon 3G. He has an iPhone 4s now and the 3G seems a little faster then his previous phone. My GF has tmobile 4G. It feels like 1x when I use her phone. Not sure why but some websites on her phone are super slow but fine on mine. I even tested both websites at the exact same time. It can be reproduced every time. No idea what tmobile's issues are. Hope this helps.

I moved to ATT 2 years ago from Verizon. The spots I couldn't get coverage with Verizon I still don't get coverage with ATT. I still prefer ATT over Verizon now though.

If you're grandfathered in to unlimited data on Verizon do what you can to keep it, even if that means paying the 500 for a new phone.

Last I heard/ spoke to the people at ATT they don't have any plans to cut unlimited data when signing a new 2yr contract like Verizon has done.

There is a reason ATT sold all of their old network to Verizon years ago.

I dont have a problem with my service and i work downtown. As for unlimited it is gone unless you were grandfathered into it like verizon, With verizon only way to keep is too buy a phone outright. Use your Upgrade lose your unlimited. And I have 3gigs but im always near wifi

Stick with Verizon if you want to benefit from a LTE device. AT&T does not have "4G LTE" in Columbus yet. However, they do have the so called "4G" that uses the HSPA+ network that does offers increased data speeds. I used AT&T for about a month and the service was horrible. So I switched to Verizon and haven't had a problem since. Plus I get a better employer discount with VZW!

Ohio:

Akron

Canton

Cleveland

I thought ATT did away with unlimited data? If they haven't I'll definitely move. I'm on 2gb and leech every wifi I can...still almost go over every month.

AT&T had unlimited data, and it's the only thing that's kept me with them. But what good is unlimited slow ass anoying data? You're not going to get an unlimited plan going into a new contract with AT&T, but if you don't have it with Verizon, then no loss there.