IPHONE 5 Event LIVE

JaronsToy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only get one if I can keep unlimited and be on LTE, I have been into the AT&T store up on Polaris, I have had to get my sim card replaced twice as the engineers are upgrading all the towers around Westerville for LTE. When your phone connects to one of the towers they are working on it blacklists your phone from the network. Changing your sim get your data connection back. I was pretty frustrated 2 weekends ago with no data. Call Customer Service spent an hour on the phone with no fix, walked into the Polaris store and 60 people had already had the same issue. So long story short, Columbus should have AT&T LTE soon.

i can click links all day long i dont have a 4 or 4s so i dont known the old specs.Any one know the actualy differences between bigger and thinner?

Jesus Christ Paul, click any of the links in previous posts.

But here, this spells it out for you:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-whats-changed/

I will only get one if I can keep unlimited and be on LTE, I have been into the AT&T store up on Polaris, I have had to get my sim card replaced twice as the engineers are upgrading all the towers around Westerville for LTE. When your phone connects to one of the towers they are working on it blacklists your phone from the network. Changing your sim get your data connection back. I was pretty frustrated 2 weekends ago with no data. Call Customer Service spent an hour on the phone with no fix, walked into the Polaris store and 60 people had already had the same issue. So long story short, Columbus should have AT&T LTE soon.

I have a guyu on campus who's cool ass hell. 614.291.2500 ask for Kyle, he should be able to explain everything to you. Just tell him you were recommended by someone. We aren't on that Name basis, i just have his card and randomly see him drinking haha

The latest 911 could say the same thing.

http://www.carpictures1.com/var/resizes/Porsche-911CompleteEvolution_1280x1024.jpg

Not sure what everyone was expecting or looking for. The leaks about the design were spot on and the beta testers of iOS6 have been all over the MacRumors site for nearly a year.

The overall design since the iP4 plain works. This newer one is now is thinner, nicer, the screen is bigger, the camera is slightly better, A6 chip 2x the 4s speed, LTE, improved wifi, everything inside the phone is upgraded. We have that fresh iOS6 and all its features. Not sure how that misses the mark as what one would expect as an upgrade for an already solid product.

It has more upgrades than most cars get in a short time frame.

You're exactly right and that's the exact reason I wouldn't get a 911 turbo over a gallardo. The entire series looks the same and unless you know cars, you won't know the diffs.

That said, yes the 4/4s design works, but a more drastic change was in order. We got screwed on the 4s that was said to be an upgrade. The internal changes on the 5 are cool, but face value, the phone looks the same and most people, like me, wanted more of a physical change. Design is just old.

Great write up but it's fiction.

This is unlike anything we or anyone else in our industry has made before, said Tim Cook regarding the iPhone 5 at Apple’s press conference in California today.
I think they are misquoting. He said it's that it's the "Most beautiful product ever made bar none" ---> and he's entitled to his opinion at his press conference. He went on to say it's made entirely of glass and aluminum. Designed and built to an exacting level of standard, unlike anything anyone in the industry has made before.

Sheeps gon sheep

Take a few minutes and watch this: TED Talk: Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

Watch the damn thing and perhaps it will click. That's what I've been referencing when I said Google and Android, etc. are backwards.

So the next time someone makes a comment about Sheeps or Sheepal, just remember that's the largest segment of the market that all businesses are after. Watch the last two minutes of the video and ask yourself if Dr. King had a great group of Sheepal.

The key to Apple and smartphones and iPads, etc. is you don't need the biggest the fastest, the latest and greatest nor do you have to give the masses all of that "stuff" at one time. You just have to know how to give them enough to sell them on why they need it and keep them coming back for more every time. Another funny thing is you don't have to conquer the market share to be the winner either. As I've said before, in business, those that make more money are the ones that really win.

You can keep the unlimited data but I believe it will be restricted to 3g

I've still got my unlimited data and i upgraded to a 4g(Not avaiable in columbus) when i moved to my Galaxy Note with out a issue. From what I read ATT can keep unlimited data but Verizon cannot.

That being said really that screen's still way to small and they didn't change enough to be worth it imho. My wife's got a 4s and i think she wants to go android next so she can have a larger screen.

Last time I spoke with ATT (3 days ago) they have no plans to take away unlimited data from anyone grandfathered into it as long as you upgrade from a smartphone to a smartphone.

Basically, the opposite of what Verizon is doing.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely look into it, although I'm not thrilled with their service lately so I have to hope that their upcoming LTE coverage is better.

For me it boils down to this:

Years ago, iPhone new model announcements were stacked up against the best competition in the marketplace and Apple consistently delivered superior results.

The iPhone 5 seems to win every category...against the 4s. Will someone point out something particularly special about the iPhone 5 that would be otherwise unattainable with a competitor product? Or is it just "because Apple"?

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/12/atts-grandfathered-unlimited-data-plan-customers-get-5gb-on-lte-before-being-throttled/

AT&T has verified to MacRumors that customers currently holding unlimited data plans will be able to keep those plans when upgrading to the iPhone 5, and will now get 5GB of data before being throttled. On 3G smartphones, users would get throttled after 3GB of transferred per month.

Additionally, unlike Verizon, which is no longer offering unlimited data customers discounted pricing on new handsets -- even with a new, two-year contract -- AT&T will honor its subsidized pricing policies even for its customers with unlimited data plans.

However, AT&T customers who aren't using the company's new Mobile Share plans will not be able to use FaceTime over Cellular.

AT&T customers who are eligible for an upgrade can order an iPhone 5 16GB for $199 beginning on Friday through the Apple Online Store or att.com/iphone. Users can see if they're eligible for an upgrade by checking AT&T's upgrade eligibility checker.