Any comments/concerns on a 2005 ford f250 6.0diesel 6spd

Rustlestiltskin

If you buy one make sure to get Hot Shot's Secret oil additive. Running this stuff alleviates 90+% of 6.0l problems.

Dafuq? Sounds like some snake oil.

Paul I'm lookin for a dmax, most of the shit I read about the 6L fords is sad. Huge heaps of shit. John bruh might chime in.

Trucks I'm tryin to avoid:

Pre 05 duramaxes: injectors

Any non 7.3L ford: unknown plethora of issues

Cummins anything, sad because the motors are great, I just feel like the dodge trucks are just shitty overall.

Paul I'm lookin for a dmax, most of the shit I read about the 6L fords is sad. Huge heaps of shit. John bruh might chime in.

Trucks I'm tryin to avoid:

Pre 05 duramaxes: injectors

Any non 7.3L ford: unknown plethora of issues

Cummins anything, sad because the motors are great, I just feel like the dodge trucks are just shitty overall.

yea everything about dodge cummins besides their motors are SHIT. srs.

I used to think the same thing. I have since first hand witnessed it "fix" dozens of trucks.

A good friend, and customer, of mine bought a 6.0 and made it into his welding rig. After replacing injectors a couple times, he ran into someone who told him about this stuff. He tried it out and not only did it resolve the hard cold start issue he was having, he hasn't had injector issues since.

He convinced me to try it on a used truck we had on the lot. We took it in, and it ran awful when cold. Techs looked at it, and said it needed injectors. Even showed me the printout that proved the injectors weren't flowing evenly. We put this additive and ran the truck. Re-tested and all injectors were in line. Truck ran great cold. We sold it to an employees family member and told them how we "fixed" it and warned it could come back. A year later, and no problems.

Been using it ever since.

I just bought an 04 6.0 with 125k miles on it. Mine was bone stock F350 crewcab longed 4x4. The biggest things on these tricks is the egr's if they go and you don't catch it soon or push them and try to ignore it your gonna have serious issues. It's why the headgaskets blow on them. If it does have a delete on it that's a plus as is a new cooler. However I see he says it's running 500hp? If he is running higher boost and he didn't stud the heads I'd be Leary of the truck honestly. Only way to safely run high boost is to stud the heads. The TTY bolts will stretch under higher pressure.

There are slot of 6.0's out there that have a ton of miles on them and will last as long as you do the basic upgrades to make them less prone to the egr issues. Take care of those and keep up on scheduled maintenance intervals and it'll be a dependable truck. But they are not the 7.3's nor are the duramax or the cummins they all have egr issues.

Check out powerstroke nation or give Enterprise diesel engine performance in Thornville. They did my egr delete and cleaned my turbo. Great people

Say what you will about Dodges, but my dad's 2010 2500 has had 75k trouble free miles and it's completely stock with all factory emissions shit. I also recently purchased a 2007.5 Cummins myself, also 6.7L and have had no problems. No front end issues everybody bitches about, no running through brake parts, etc. etc.

Before this I had a 270k mile Dakota. Dodges are shit lol.

Both Cummins trucks are manuals fyi :)

Say what you will about Dodges, but my dad's 2010 2500 has had 75k trouble free miles and it's completely stock with all factory emissions shit. I also recently purchased a 2007.5 Cummins myself, also 6.7L and have had no problems. No front end issues everybody bitches about, no running through brake parts, etc. etc.

Before this I had a 270k mile Dakota. Dodges are shit lol.

Both Cummins trucks are manuals fyi :)

A whole 75k miles?

That's like break-in on a diesel.

Come at me at 400,000+

As already mentioned, if it's not studded already I would be leary of it. Make sure that the coolant is gold, it shouldn't be a problem considering it has an EGR delete. Ask him what oil filter he runs, the Wix/NAPA golds aren't tall enough IIRC, it needs a MotorCraft oil filter in it.

Don't buy a 03-04 they are shit

05+ are good. I would stay away from one that has had a tuner on it. After 27psi the bolts stretch and you blow the gaskets

Hot shot's secret is the shit. I always have 2-3 bottles on the shelf. Just put that shit in a truck I sold today!

Look for smoke at start up. Check for blow by. Egr deletes are key, but on the 05+ they require a aftermarket programmer.

Check the Coolant in the degas bottle.

Notice how long it takes to start cold. Drive it till its hot. Shut it off, then start it back up.

Ficm are very common to go bad

Overall they are pretty good trucks. The 6-speeds suck. You loose all boost between shifts and it's super laggy. Autos are solid and they are fast with them.

I sell a shit ton of 6.0s. They are good trucks, just dumb fucks don't know how to make them last.