Title Boxing Club...any opinions?

harmonda

From what I understand, they run pretty sweet deals that include free gloves/head gear with your first months dues. I have a couple of female friends that say nothing but awesome things about them and have seen the results ;):cool:

It's not a knock...if you're just trying to get in shape I don't see a problem going there.

-Marc

I did TBC when I was prepping for a triathlon and it was alright. I was seriously one of only a few dudes as the rest were all chicks. The only problem with that is they are all fat chicks trying to get into shape. If your into that sort of thing...well then thats the place for you. lol. Honestly it was fun, the trainers are all amateur and semi pro fighters (grew up with a few of them) and while they know their stuff, club rules prevent them from sparring or anything with clients due to an injury that cost TBC money in a lawsuit.

Long stroy short...you want to get into shape then TBC is good to go (when I signed up it was like 70 per month on a 1 yr contract) or if you want to fight go to Thompsons gym. Sullivans is ok, but felt that they didnt know wether they wanted to be a babysitter or a boxing gym. they were never consistent. I would go with the same group at the same times to spar etc and some days they would let you and some days they wouldn't because they were providing babysitter services and kids were running around in there like crazy.

Know quite a few girls who go to the one on north hamilton... one is about to quit though, says most of the "trainers" are douchebags. And she likes to go to the 6am class; has said 3-4 times, the "trainer" never showed up.

Buy a heavy bag, download some Bas Rutten tracks.. BAM, there's your boxing class.

I was a member there for over a year. Your first class is free so try it out for yourself. It is about 80% girls, about 40% of those are in good shape. It's 15 minutes of cardio, 30mins of boxing, and 15 mins of ab/core work. Weekends are pretty busy so you have to get there early to get a bag up front. They make it fun with good loud music. Try Michael Clark, Mando, or Josh, great trainers. Look at the contract, I know many people do the 3 year pricing and can opt out at anytime if they move/get hurt (you can maybe make something up to get out). Also, negotiate out of the registration fee and make them throw in some gloves and wraps, they will.

I also like how there is a social side to it. Several of the trainers actually fight at the LC and members get together to go support them and they usually throw an after party at a bar. Everyone there is young and fun, i'd recommend it.

My workout partner is a girl and I just want to get in shape. I'm not serious about boxing by any means. I'm Irish and we are bleeders ya know?

:confused: The Irish are know for the figthing/boxing. Well, they're known for that once you get past the drinking thing. ;)

:confused: The Irish are know for the figthing/boxing. Well, they're known for that once you get past the drinking thing. ;)

I know and that has always baffled me about my people. It should scare you that even though we have a low pain threshold and cut easy we still want to participate in violent sports. Go figure, a people that are a mix of Celts and Vikings.