Honest, civilized vote.

nurkvinny

Pres  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Pres

• Obama / Biden
    • Romney / Ryan
    • Write In

We stare at a government-managed unemployment rate - one percentage figure - as the bellweather for the entire economy. If you look at that, Obama has failed to do the things he promised in his first term.

If you want to give him a bye, then look - as I just did thru an "all officers' meeting" my company had this morning at the Mid-Ohio Food Bank, kicking off the United Way season for us - at the poverty rates across Central Ohio and the 15 metropolitan "benchmarks" the United Way uses as a measurement. Compared to Cleveland, Indy, Charlotte, Austin, etc...Columbus has the highest poverty rate. It's not even in City of Columbus proper; in Hilliard, Pickerington, Dublin, and Worthington, households living under the poverty line ($32k a year) has gone from 4%-6% 4 years ago to 20%-26% currently.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/09/29/united-way-to-focus-on-poverty.html

The economy still sucks, and continues to spiral out of control. As president, it's Obama's fault, and he needs to go. If you want to give him another 4 years, you're looking failure dead in the face and saying it's OK.

I say BOLLOCKS to your "New Normal" :thumbdown

Guys, I hear you on Ron Paul, Herman Cain, etc...I love a "Fair Tax" more than the next guy. I truly have faith that Romney will do far more than Obama to fix our problems.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stare at a government-managed unemployment rate - one percentage figure - as the bellweather for the entire economy. If you look at that, Obama has failed to do the things he promised in his first term.

If you want to give him a bye, then look - as I just did thru an "all officers' meeting" my company had this morning at the Mid-Ohio Food Bank, kicking off the United Way season for us - at the poverty rates across Central Ohio and the 15 metropolitan "benchmarks" the United Way uses as a measurement. Compared to Cleveland, Indy, Charlotte, Austin, etc...Columbus has the highest poverty rate. It's not even in City of Columbus proper; in Hilliard, Pickerington, Dublin, and Worthington, households living under the poverty line ($32k a year) has gone from 4%-6% 4 years ago to 20%-26% currently.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/09/29/united-way-to-focus-on-poverty.html

The economy still sucks, and continues to spiral out of control. As president, it's Obama's fault, and he needs to go. If you want to give him another 4 years, you're looking failure dead in the face and saying it's OK.

I say BOLLOCKS to your "New Normal" :thumbdown

Guys, I hear you on Ron Paul, Herman Cain, etc...I love a "Fair Tax" more than the next guy. I truly have faith that Romney will do far more than Obama to fix our problems.

i say give him another 4 years, because it the economy can, and will fail again, and probably during his next term. then we can place the blame squarely on him.

Don't worry, Uncle Sugar has everything under control....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/were-heading-recession-says-sam-145407630.html

I blame Congress just as much if not more than Obama for what is going on. They are the smart ones that are saying "hey look over here, don't mind what we are doing..."

Wait till we fall off the fiscal cliff, better have your magic undroos pulled real tight because uncle obama can't save you from that fistfuckfunfest.

Right... The irony of Tim's chart is that it is hosted on the Republican Senate's page. I think anyone who actually follows the gears of the economy knows that it is up to Congress to create the legislation to enact austerity and cut taxes (because that works!) or create stimulus/Job creation through capital injection.

The republicans have been too busy pushing social issues after they realized that fixing the economy is hard work. Way to use that 2010 "mandate".

Same here....and the downside a write in like those available is you're basically going to tip the scale to Obama. Let's face it, the fact that the people voted him into office is key enough to show America was dumb four years ago. The next litmus test will show if they are brain dead enough to put him back for a second term. :dumb:

i say give him another 4 years, because it the economy can, and will fail again, and probably during his next term. then we can place the blame squarely on him.

Dude, we don't have four more years. There's zero need to worry about putting blame squarely on him. Unless I've completely missed all the success he's had at creating a better America and the improvements we've seen in our daily lives, he's failed to deliver and that's all we need. Even he can't talk his way out of not delivering.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I say BOLLOCKS to your "New Normal" :thumbdown:

Well said.

Progress isn't how many people you help out with government assistance, it's how many people you can get off of government assistance.

There's my 2 cents, I'm actually going to vote this year, but I'm not going to argue on CR about this. Have a nice day. *moves on*

Right... The irony of Tim's chart is that it is hosted on the Republican Senate's page.

The real irony is it's true the economy sucks and Obama has failed to deliver. Feel free to show us your graph of this positive trajectory you speak of and the facts that how impactful change on American's lives.

I think anyone who actually follows the gears of the economy knows that it is up to Congress to create the legislation to enact austerity and cut taxes (because that works!) or create stimulus/Job creation through capital injection.
You talk a good game just like Obama. How have his results fared for the US so far? Any track record of success worth reviewing surfaced in four years or are we relying on that Hope and Change bullshit again? Let's me stand here with holding my Johnson while we analyze our reality and celebrate the wins Obama has brought our people as we all cheer on the riches we have before us.

The republicans have been too busy pushing social issues after they realized that the best way to win and get us out of this mess is to show the press and dumb as general population that can't comprehend the situation we're in and the fact that Obama hasn't produced results what they want to see
Fixed. Edited by TTQ B4U

I'm still trying to understand where Romney's redeming values are. You trash the current president but don't offer a viable alternative.

RON MOTHER FUCKING PAUL FOR THE 1,000,0000,0000,0000000000000 TIME!!!!!!

Hell even that Gary Johnson guy (even though his name and look scream pron star) would be better than our current options.

Mitt just slings mud and hopes to eek out a win, Obama just plays smoke and mirrors, all while the corporate puppet masters laugh at people who buy into all of it.

Will someone please wake up Ross Perot and tell him we needs a hero?

I'm still trying to understand where Romney's redeming values are. You trash the current president but don't offer a viable alternative.

Track record of proving he can save a company is financial straights. Being man enough to take a job (make a job really) based on being paid only if he delivers results. Actually delivering results vs being a smooth talker. Don't believe me or buy that, that's fine, set Roney aside and instead line up Obama's wins. Let's look at what he's done while in office; forget "looking forward". What has his "hope and change" brought to our people? How has he made an impact that is even remotely close to warranting a second term let alone justifying his first four years.

he's still shaking his head saying "I told you so" about the mess Clinton gave us and got the ball rolling. he's taking his money and enjoying life and I can't blame him. you can't save stupid.

bingo. Even if his income was 10 million and at 14% tax rate, he just paid $140K in taxes while half the country did not pay anything at all. Seems logical that the wealthy are evil and are evading taxes.

Isn't 14% of 10 million like 1.4 million not 140K. That's more like 1%. :)

If you want to stay in an abusive relationship with a guy that uses you and keeps telling you that everything's gonna change for the better if you just stay with him, then nothing I say will sway you otherwise: you'll still be holding onto his turned-out pants pocket as you walk in the yard together.

Romney has been successful in business, saved the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, and made measurable progress as Governor of Massachusetts. He's also a dedicated father and husband. He's given 1000x more to charity than both of your candidates.

I've offered concrete facts - not Fox News, Tea-Party talking point B.S. - showing how your candidate has failed at his job at a national and local level, and you give me liberal talking points in return and your own prejudiced opinions about his religious beliefs.

Good luck to both sides next month. Regardless of the outcome, I plan on working as hard as I can, on my own, to be successful for myself and my family.

Fixed.

If the GOP wanted to attract voters outside of their base they would not have focused on these issues.

You've seen the charts and graphs that show the sectors of the economy that are improving, reposting them wont make you believe them any more.

Romney has been successful in business, saved the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, and made measurable progress as Governor of Massachusetts. He's also a dedicated father and husband. He's given 1000x more to charity than both of your candidates.

Something to consider... the average successful businessman is all about numero uno. If America is about to go belly up he cant just sell it and count his losses. Hes accustomed to being on top. How will he handle being the captain of a sinking ship?

Something to consider... the average successful businessman is all about numero uno. If America is about to go belly up he cant just sell it and count his losses. Hes accustomed to being on top. How will he handle being the captain of a sinking ship?

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac305/07Burb/Funky/9c146_1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view5/2376535/jesus-slap-o.gif

RON MOTHER FUCKING PAUL FOR THE 1,000,0000,0000,0000000000000 TIME!!!!!!

Hell even that Gary Johnson guy (even though his name and look scream pron star) would be better than our current options.

Mitt just slings mud and hopes to eek out a win, Obama just plays smoke and mirrors, all while the corporate puppet masters laugh at people who buy into all of it.

Paul don't have a chance in hell in winning because of our 2 party system. If they would put campaign limits in place and changed the way our entire electreal system works someone outside the big 2 might have a chance.

You've seen the charts and graphs that show the sectors of the economy that are improving, reposting them wont make you believe them any more.

You're right, just about every report I've seen shows the same headline. :dumb:

CONFIRMED: The US Economy Is Much Weaker Than We Thought

Read more: http://thestockmarketwatch.com/news/news.aspx?articleid=574944#ixzz28BOyhyBf

The Federal Debt Is On Track To Grow By Another $1 Trillion In Fiscal 2013

Edited by TTQ B4U

....still waiting on Obama to come to the table with something of substance such as helping anyone make money....oh wait, does extending them social services count?

FREE* ABORTIONS FOR EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY 14 YEAR OLDS WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT

*Paid for by our Chinese masters

The democrats have been too busy pushing social issues after they realized that fixing the economy is hard work.

Fixed that for you

He has one redeeming value - he isn't the other guy

Protip - most republicans (at least any that I know) don't actually like Romney, but he still has a good chance of winning just because he's not Obama. When this is the case, there aren't many people left to sway before going into the election. The undecided will remain undecided until they walk into the voting booth, and they will decide based off the events of the last day or so. These are the people that decide the fate of the country. I expect there to be some big news story about the economy going one way or the other within 5 days of the election, and that will tell who will win.

Oh, if for no other reason, Obama needs to be voted out because he would take with him Eric Holder and Ben Bernanke. They need to go worse than he does. Biden can stick around but only if he's given the title of Court Jester.

http://www.france24.com/en/20121003-biden-gaffe-eve-us-presidential-debate

If Romney does get elected -- I hope he turns to someone like C. Powell on matters concerning foreign policy, takes the advice verbatim, and never attempts to think on his own. There are many things I don't agree with happening in the present -- but I honostly do value having someone at the helm who has a large pool of cultural understanding. It may be extremely left, it may be sympathetic to the "religion of peace" but hearing Romney and Paul talk about anything outside this country (sans investing) out right scares the bejesus out of me, both as citizen and soldier.