Next Mod

GilbWs6

So far, since buying my T/A in May, I've added a Magnaflow exhaust, SLP lid, smooth belows and CAI. Tomorrow I have Pacesetter long tube headers and ORY going on. I'm thinking P&P TB, sfc's and a possibly a tune. Not ready for cam, heads, or rear end yet. Those are going to be winter projects. Any thoughts?

P.S. car is an 6-speed

So far, since buying my T/A in May, I've added a Magnaflow exhaust, SLP lid, smooth belows and CAI. Tomorrow I have Pacesetter long tube headers and ORY going on. I'm thinking P&P TB, sfc's and a possibly a tune. Not ready for cam, heads, or rear end yet. Those are going to be winter projects. Any thoughts?

P.S. car is an 6-speed

Honestly the throttle body will be a waste of money with your current modifications. SFC's are a great add on, but not all people find them necessary. A taller gear ratio will be the best bang for the buck; 3.73, 3.90, 4.10 all would make your car tons of fun. If you can find one cheap enough, and ls6 intake would make a decent addition.

cat or catless ory?

No cat. I thought the definition of off-road y-pipe was a catless y-pipe. Sorry I did't clarify. :gabe:

Honestly the throttle body will be a waste of money with your current modifications. SFC's are a great add on, but not all people find them necessary. A taller gear ratio will be the best bang for the buck; 3.73, 3.90, 4.10 all would make your car tons of fun. If you can find one cheap enough, and ls6 intake would make a decent addition.

Don't want to waste money on a taller gear when I'm going to most likely upgrade the whole rear end in the near future. My understanding from what I've read on various forums was that 01 and 02 ws6 cars came with the ls6 intake already.

No cat. I thought the definition of off-road y-pipe was a catless y-pipe. Sorry I did't clarify. :gabe:

Don't want to waste money on a taller gear when I'm going to most likely upgrade the whole rear end in the near future.

It will depend on what you consider wasting money. I can tell you that a set of gears for your car will be under $300. Install will vary, where you get quotes or if you do it yourself.

Do you have plans as to what you want to put in as a replacement rear? Unless you find a used one, it can be quite pricy. I would have put one in my car, just never have 2-3 grand sitting around.

It will depend on what you consider wasting money. I can tell you that a set of gears for your car will be under $300. Install will vary, where you get quotes or if you do it yourself.

Do you have plans as to what you want to put in as a replacement rear? Unless you find a used one, it can be quite pricy. I would have put one in my car, just never have 2-3 grand sitting around.

I have access to unlimited tools and a shop full of lifts so I'm not worried about install. This is the rear end I'll be putting in this winter as long as we've found a new house by then.

I don't like spending money twice within three months of each other.

I had a straight-through Borla and a catless ory (you may be right about the lingo, shrug) and the freeway drone drove me insane.. your magnaflow might be a little better since it has a muffler.

I have access to unlimited tools and a shop full of lifts so I'm not worried about install. This is the rear end I'll be putting in this winter as long as we've found a new house by then.

I don't like spending money twice within three months of each other.

No problem. If you have the means to, then that would be amazing for your car. I just know it has been easy to put it off in my situation. I would still recommend an ls6 intake if reasonably priced.

I would start on suspension since it sounds like you are going to have over a 400hp car when you are done. Sfc's (weld in) definitely just because of the way these cars are made. Also look into torque arms, lower control arms, panhard bar, springs, and shocks.

If you dont get suspension I like the intake/gears idea.

Yes it already has a LS6 intake, if you want a polished throttle body do it yourself, there isn't much to be gained with it anyway. Since you don't want to do bigger stuff like a cam/heads or rear end I'd vote for SFCs, lower control arms, torque arm, panhard bar as these are good upgrades that will work with whatever setup you are going for. I noticed a huge difference with SFCs and a strut brace, so I always recommend them.

Considered doing a cutout but was waiting to hear how the exhaust sounded with the headers and ORY. I am still on stock brakes. One thing that I should have mentioned is that this car will probably see the track very infrequently. I tend to spend my days off cruising around town and hammering it on the on-ramps. I'd say I'll probably take it to the the track once or twice a year.