iPhone 5 hands on impressions

Mojoe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year I upgrade for $199, and sell my old phone on eBay for $250+

I imagine that is the case with most people. I agree spending a couple hundred a year (or more) would be ridiculous for the small changes they make. However if you can net money in your pocket AND have the newest phone, it's a no brainer.

Yep. I do this for every upgrade for the entire family. I usually make $400-500 after fees. So it extends my contract to 2 years again, so what. Not like I'm not going to have a cell phone and I'm perfectly happy with AT&T.

Swapping from 4s to 5 sucked because I had to buy all new cases and screen protectors. And my kids got theirs before me. I have to wait till oct 4th for a 32gig to come in stock.

From playing with the kids phones, I like the feel. They are exactly 1oz lighter comparing 4s to 5 with the same style/maker of case. They also speed tested 4x faster on download and 2x faster on upload. Though that could have been a fluke, the tests can be buggy at times.

What I don't like is that they only made the screen longer. I wanted to see them make the screen wider as well. For those that like to play games, like myself, you will be disappointed. I wanted the bigger screen so the games would be bigger, or Internet browsing. Additional length only, does nothing for either of those.

If it weren't for making money, I would have never made this upgrade. Heck if the 5s is similar in change from 4-4s. I may get 5 of those and sell them new in box. Make $2000 +\- for doing nothing.

I upgraded from a 3GS and its a world of difference. It's a rediculous amount faster than the 3GS and you can actually take pictures and video with it and they look pretty great. As soon as AT&T gets LTE I'm going to be streaming videos like its my job. The Internet speeds are already vastly superior without LTE. Definately worth upgrading from a 3GS.

It will be like going from a Mazda 3 to a Modded F-Body less the mullet. You'll love it but there will always be haters.

:lol: sooooo true!

You will def love it! I came from a 4 to a 5 and i'm happy, app download speeds are very impressive, internet searches very nice. My battery has been tits as well, im happy about it no doubt.

They just need to hurry and fix some of these apps that don't take up the whole screen yet.

I also bought one coming from an iPhone 4. I have used Siri way more than I thought I would, its just so damn convenient. Especially when texting or getting directions. The improved internet speeds are great, even though us people who have AT&T are only on HSPDA+ yet and not LTE (but its coming soon). I have a Griffin low profile case with a clear back like I had on my iPhone 4, and the only reception issues I have are at work, where I essentially sit in a Faraday Cage.

Where did you get your case?

I messed my friend's over the weekend (and I had to help her set up the POS that is iTunes). It's just a longer iphone 4S/4 with 4G. It's a very nice phone on the outside, I looked at maps and didn't see anything that I hated/loved, then quickly became frustrated with the lack of Menu button within the app and went to explore the rest of the OS. Got to the homescreen which is still just a clusterfuck of apps, but now with a whole new row of fuck...handed it right back.

Want to teach me how to use my RazorMax? kthnxbuybuy

-Marc

Where did you get your case?

Best Buy at Polaris. The bumper part is more rubbery than smooth plastic like the one I had for my iPhone 4, which is a tad annoying, but we will see if I can find another one like the one I had down the road. The one on my iPhone 4 came from Walmart. I like them both because they add very little bulk to the phone, while adding some layer of protection.

• 2 weeks later...
Not to bring this up from the dead, but has anyone else expierienced their iPhone5 boot looping? Mine started randomly shutting it self off and turning back on, after 4 of them the screen started to face out and now it wont even turn on. LoL Apple quality...

Not to bring this up from the dead, but has anyone else expierienced their iPhone5 boot looping? Mine started randomly shutting it self off and turning back on, after 4 of them the screen started to face out and now it wont even turn on. LoL Apple quality...

Mine has not done anything of the sort. I would recommend having the Apple store check it out. I had a problem with my first iPhone 5 when I found a hair stuck under the screen and they just swapped it out for a new one no questions asked.

O and the Otter box commuter case is great for this phone. Not to big but still plenty of protection.

LOL

Mine has not done anything of the sort. I would recommend having the Apple store check it out. I had a problem with my first iPhone 5 when I found a hair stuck under the screen and they just swapped it out for a new one no questions asked.

O and the Otter box commuter case is great for this phone. Not to big but still plenty of protection.

LOL

Already have a new one in the mail that weill be here Monday, but it strikes me as odd that they offered to replace it without even asking me if I tried to troubleshoot it LOL

Have had to 3 and 4 and decided to order the 5, went to the store tried it out and messed with the Galaxy s3. Spent proly an hour their and decided on the iphone 5 mainly becaue its what I know and I have a bunch of itunes stuff and apps. Well went home and instantly had buyers remorse.

Went back to the store the next day, cancelled the order and picked up a s3. I love the S3 and dont regret it for a second.

The Iphone 5 was just more of the same and for most people thats fine and I thought that would be fine for me but the android platform is just more customizable.

I broke the screen on my iPhone 5 yesterday when I dropped it for the first time... feels more fragile than the 4 and 4S that I've had.

If you drop a phone, expect it to break. If it doesn't break, then consider it a gift from God. To help your odds get a case.

If you drop a phone, expect it to break. If it doesn't break, then consider it a gift from God. To help your odds get a case.

I have two cases on order but that part that makes me mad is the fact is slipped out of my pocket. I've usually very carefully since I carry two smartphones at all times. FYI Apple want $229 plus tax to replace the glass.

I have two cases on order but that part that makes me mad is the fact is slipped out of my pocket. I've usually very carefully since I carry two smartphones at all times. FYI Apple want $229 plus tax to replace the glass.

im pretty sure to get a completely new phone its like $250