Circuit of the Americas is READY!

Draco-REX

http://www.f1technical.net/news/17810?sid=1c76648e1fad2189b8e07c3e4715508f

Formula 1 is coming back to the US. This November the second most watched sport in the world is going to be in Austin TX. FIA's Formula 1 Racing Director Charlie Whiting has signed off on the facility. This is huge. Without his OK, the race doesn't happen. He seemed really impressed too, which is good.

Looking at the 3D renderings of the track, I think this could become one of the top tracks in F1. I can't wait to see it driven!

Turn 1 looks like it's going to be great!

Overall the track looks wide enough to provide a few good passing zones.

Mid-Ohio would be cool, but everyone wants them to go to Road America or Watkins Glen, but their management will never dump the cash into all the required updates needed. Frustrating as an F1 fan.

Road America would be a great place to see Kimi and Alonso to run, with "balls out" long straights and heavy breaking zones.

Mid-Ohio would be cool, but everyone wants them to go to Road America or Watkins Glen, but their management will never dump the cash into all the required updates needed. Frustrating as an F1 fan.

Road America would be a great place to see Kimi and Alonso to run, with "balls out" long straights and heavy breaking zones.

omgosh on the Kimi part. (race this past weekend was zoo boring.. and they renewed for another 4 years :yawn: )

Road America is awesome, Canada corner is scary and you pray you have brakes right before it. F1 on a 4.4mile track? Yes please.

Yep, landed in the gravel my first time around. Everyone tells you about Canada Corner. You hear about it all the time. You know exactly what you're supposed to do.

But, right before the break zone there's that little voice that tells you…"I got this."

Next thing you know, the hook is dragging you out and you're fertilizing the track with gravel on your way back to the pits.

Yep, landed in the gravel my first time around. Everyone tells you about Canada Corner. You hear about it all the time. You know exactly what you're supposed to do.

But, right before the break zone there's that little voice that tells you…"I got this."

Next thing you know, the hook is dragging you out and you're fertilizing the track with gravel on your way back to the pits.

LOL

so wait, did canada lose their race, or was there just talk of it?

They still have their race. Traditionally Canada has been at the beginning of the season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved towards the end, so the F1 teams can do the americas in one sweep; Canada, NJ, TX, Brazil.

Road America is awesome, Canada corner is scary and you pray you have brakes right before it. F1 on a 4.4mile track? Yes please.

I grew up going to Road America, and is one of THE best tracks in the US....have spent many many laps in the passenger seat of various Porsches going around this track. An F1 race at the track would be absolutely amazing and I would buy a ticket in a heartbeat.

They still have their race. Traditionally Canada has been at the beginning of the season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved towards the end, so the F1 teams can do the americas in one sweep; Canada, NJ, TX, Brazil.

New Jersey is a 'no-go' Bernie said they didn't have their shit together to get on the schedule for next year.

That's the one thing I hate about Bernie Ecclestone. When a contract is near renewal or there is a new venue. He always bad mouths the venue or leaks bad information. He can never shoot straight with the venue or the fans. Doesn't matter if it's a new venue or a traditional one, like Silverstone.

Bernie's 10 Steps on a new contract or new venue:

1. Press release on a possible new venue or contract

2. Bernie says he doubts it will happen

3. Bernie says F1 doesn't need them on the schedule, anyway.

4. Contract signed…Bernie says "It's going to be a great event!"

5. (3 months later)…Bernie says the venue will not be ready

6. (6 months later)…Bernie says there's issues with the event owner or the promoters

7. (9 months later)…Repeat step 5 or 6.

8. (10 months later)…Repeat step 5 or 6.

9. (12 months later) Venue is ready…Event goes off with out a hitch

10. Bernie says "I knew from the start…this would be a great event!" and takes all the credit

This always happens, one way or another.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8119599/FIA-confirm-the-2013-calendar

2013 F1 calendar:

17/03 Australian Grand Prix

24/03 Malaysian Grand Prix

14/04 Chinese Grand Prix

21/04 Bahrain Grand Prix

12/05 Spanish Grand Prix

26/05 Monaco Grand Prix

09/06 Canadian Grand Prix

16/06 New Jersey Grand Prix *

30/06 British Grand Prix

14/07 German Grand Prix

28/07 Hungarian Grand Prix

25/08 Belgian Grand Prix

08/09 Italian Grand Prix

22/09 Singapore Grand Prix

06/10 Korean Grand Prix

13/10 Japanese Grand Prix

27/10 Indian Grand Prix

03/11 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

17/11 United States Grand Prix (Austin)

24/11 Brazilian Grand Prix

* TBC

Canada Corner was the first time I could smell my brakes on the STi. After being on that track, Subaru had to cut the calipers off of the car as the bolts were seized. Good thing I had ceramic pads on the car.

But, that's when you know you've had a fun day.:)