glass "pitting"?

evan9381

New car i picked up (an 09), has a bunch, hundreds, of little tiny spots, almost like it go hit with specks of sand hard enough to make a tiny mark. Its only noticeable when the sun hits it, and its super annoying. Is there any way to repair this? id like to avoid replacement if necessary, although if i have to go that route, i work for a glass company and can get a discount on aftermarket glass (id rather stick with OEM) or get the OEM and labor is super cheap.

do i need a special tool to use those? i really dont want to fuck it up any more than what its already at.

i also noticed in one section (out of view, and only seen from outside), it looks like the glass has a rainbow in it, almost like when water is evaporating, but it wouldnt go away. might this help?

My wifes car got a chip in the windshield, and when safelite came to fix it they fixed all of those little nicks also.

i wouldnt even call them nicks. you cant see them outside of the car, only from inside when the sun is on them.

and thats where i work. they had a tech at the corporate office replacing an employees windshield today over pits in the glass. maybe i'll have to call the local shop and see if they can do anything for those. at least then if it gets fucked up more, its on them. :dumb:

I used a kit from Griot's that uses Cerum Oxide to polish the glass with mixed results. The kit uses a machine polisher or drill.

My GC had very bad water spots and vertical scratches on the side windows. It worked very well for the water spots and about half of the scratches. It says it will remove pitting but I didn't try it on the windshield.

I agree with you posting the results. The Legacy I bought has a horribly pitted windshield. Very hard to see out of when the sun is shining.

Maybe I'll try the Zaino and if I beat you to it, I'll post my results.

Anyplace to buy Zaino Glass Polish locally?

Buckeye Nissan.

I have used it on my Jeep it does a good job but did not last long.